• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default for £57 with Next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default for £57 with Next

Hey folks. Ive drafted up a letter to send to Next to try and get a default removed and would really appreciate your thoughts on how the letter is written and if it is ok to send as it is:

Dear sir or madam

After obtaining a copy of my credit file I have noticed a small amount of £57 which is showing as a default on my file dating February 2012. As I was in a bit of financial trouble back then this would of been the reason for this default, moving on 2 years, I now am debt free and have learned a lot of valuable lessons. The reason for this letter is because my fiance (just recently) and I are trying for a mortgage, but as you know trying to obtain any kind of credit with a default on your credit file will be very hard.

As it is for such a small amount could I please ask as a gesture of goodwill that it be removed from the credit reference agencies? This would mean a lot to us as it would mean we can move forward with our future plans of buying a house.

Yours faithfully

So any thoughts?

Thanks
    Donal.

Tags: None

Re: Default for £57 with Next

Could you offer to pay it off at the same time ? It could then be marked as settled.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for replying, I should have mentioned the balance was paid off not long after I received the default.

Comment

Ahhhhh. Is it not marked as settled already then ?

Doesn't hurt to ask, but don't expect too much.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yea it's marked as settled. But it's still having a bad affect on my file I've read on some blogs that persistence is the key to getting them removed. Do you think the letter is ok to send as it is?

Comment

We can probably improve it some if you want to hang on till tmw xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              We can probably improve it some if you want to hang on till tmw xxx
              Hey Amethyst what did you mean?

Comment

I think Amethyst means she'll help with the letter when she's got a mo.

Comment

lol sorry yes that's what I meant, then promptly forgot to come back this morning, my humble apologies. I was thinking of adding some legal bumpf but to be honest you don't want to do that as they have acted correctly and it'd just get their backs up so I've just developed your note a bit more and added that you have enclosed a copy of that section of your file (they'll need it for reference - you can redact other details but leave good markers showing even if you remove anems of companies /amounts etc)

Letter to NEXT

address
                  address
                  address

date

next address
                  next address
                  next address

Dear Sirs,

REF: CREDIT REPORTING

I have recently obtained a copy of my credit file prior to making an application for a mortgage.

I note that in February 2012 Next Plc marked an account I held as in Default. I believe the account, totalling £57, was settled within XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX of the account entering into Default and was marked as such on my credit file in XXXXXXXXX 2012.

The remainder of my credit file is clear and I am worried that this minor, although regrettable oversight, in my financial management, will prevent myself being able to obtain a mortgage and I am writing to ask whether, as a goodwill gesture, Next Plc would remove the markers from my credit file. I have enclosed a copy of the relevant part of my credit file for your attention.

I understand that Next Plc are not at fault and would like to stress that the non payment was a genuine oversight on my part. If you could let me know I would be very grateful.

Kind regards, and thank you for your consideration,

Miss XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

This is brilliant thankyou. I am on my phone at the minute but when I get access to a laptop(my own is broke) I will edit it and print it of. Thanks again it's very professional

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X