• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not My CCJ :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not My CCJ :(

Hello,

I hope someone can help me…
    A letting agent sent out for a reference for me and my partner for a property we want to move into next week.
    His was clean but to my surprise mine wasn't! I was told I had a CCJ! Filed in 2008.
    This just seemed impossible. I couldn't believe it.

I got the relevant reference number and phoned up the court processing it. They confirmed It was in my name, date of birth and address. Thinking about it closer my sister has the similar name (one letter off) and her date of birth is similar too (2 years older).

I then phoned the solicitors who filed it against me. The two references I had corresponded to a case against my sister. They confirmed all of her details.
    How do I fix this!!! Help. I won’t get my Experian report for a few days and the solicitor wants proof before they do anything.

I don’t know the process but someone put it through as me and ruined my credit. If my landlord doesn’t understand my situation I won’t have to move into.

For many years I have wondered why I was refused for so many things and now I understand it. I never checked because my partner would just get everything under his name as I had so much trouble.
    Is there anything I can claim against them for ruining my credit?

How long do you think it will take to fix this? No ones giving me any time lines . I need advice on ways i can help myself

Thank for reading
    Tags: None

Re: Not My CCJ

Hi,

How annoying for you.

Was the court claim taken against your sister and has just been entered onto the credit file incorrectly, or has the actual CCJ been set against you ?

Do the solicitors acknowledge the claim is against your sister and not you ? If so could they send a letter confirming this to you for your landlords perusal whilst you sort it out with the Court and Credit Reference Agencies.

This bit I'm not sure I get what you mean. ''' The two references I had corresponded to a case against my sister. They confirmed all of her details.'''
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry,

I meant i got two case reference numbers . One from the referencing company and one from the court. Both of them match the case the solicitors have against my sister .

The solicitors need me to provide proof and i cant do that until Experian get back to me .

Comment

The solicitors have the case against my sister but its been processed against me legally

Comment

So just to be clear, the CCJ was issued to your sister meaning that the solicitor confused it with you?

What is the proof the solicitors are saying that they need? That the CCJ is on your credit file?

Comment

Yes they confused it with me and they are asking for proof that its on my credit file. So i am going to send them a copy of mine when Experian have verified my ID.

The more i think about it the more i get really annoyed and angry. These people have ruined my credit score for years. Every time i rejected for credit my score was affected . I feel like taking it further but i don't know if i have any options. Is there anyone who knows of anything i can do?

Comment

How old is the CCJ and is your credit file otherwise in good order (ie other defaults/CCJ's etc)...may be able to do something but sort this issue out firstly.

I'm sorry for asking again but I have read EXC's question and your reply a few times and I'm still not sure

Do you have a CCJ against you that was meant to be for your sister ? OR Do you have a CCJ marker on your credit file and your sister has a CCJ against her ?

ie. have they CCJ'd the wrong person or just entered the CCJ on the wrong credit file.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry that I'm unclear!

It's on my credit file and court has it filled against me wrongly. The case is supposed to be against my sister (confirmed by the original solicitors )

Comment

If this is a CCJ who was served the court paperwork and at what address did you and your sister live at the same address when it was served and did she defend it ?

Comment

also I don't know if its the solicitors fault or courts fault. I don't know the procedure . I am really grateful for the feedback

Comment

If its the solicitors fault hopefully you have a claim against them.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                        If this is a CCJ who was served the court paperwork and at what address did you and your sister live at the same address when it was served and did she defend it ?

It was most likely sent to our family home where we lived before she moved . It was served 5 years ago according to the solicitor .

I spoke to her today. It is likely she got one but she has never defended herself against it.

Comment

Cannot offer much help to you but im thinking someone has dropped a big one here and they must pay for it.

Hope someone on here can offer some help in getting to the bottom of this, without posting the solicitors name on here can you search this site with there name and post up if they are one of the most common ones mentioned on the site this may bring forward more help.

Comment

Originally posted by EBC View Post
                            Sorry that I'm unclear!

It's on my credit file and court has it filled against me wrongly. The case is supposed to be against my sister (confirmed by the original solicitors )
                            I'm still not absolutely clear from this as to who's name the CCJ itself is in, you or your sister.

But assuming that the CCJ was issued to you (albeit wrongly) I'm a bit confused as to why the solicitors would want proof that it appears on your credit file.

I would imagine that dealing with a wrongly issued CCJ (as opposed to a wrongly entered CCJ on a credit file) will be more complicated and time consuming to deal with which won't help your short-term circumstances.

Do you have a copy of the CCJ? I'm sure you could get one from the court easily enough.

As time is of the essence here I think it might be sensible if you spoke to one of us on the telephone just so we can establish the facts, which will determine your next step.
                            Last edited by EXC; 8th January 2014, 07:00:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X