• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

can someone please advise me! STRESSED **BT**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: can someone please advise me! STRESSED **BT**

I just wanted to update you's on the situation

After contacting Ian Livingston (thanks for the email :tinysmile_grin_t: ) I had a phone call the next day from his secretary who said she had been asked to deal with my complaint on his behalf.....cut a long story short.....the default has been removed, and I have received a cheque for £30 for the hassle. I'm delighted.....the £30 means nothing really, it was the sheer stress of the default that was the worry.

Just shows how you have to watch these companies and speak up when they mess up! Thanks for all the advice guys!

Comment

Wow Great Result! Well Done x

I'm moving this to the Wrongful Defaults Forum, so any other BT cases that pop up can see how to deal with the situation.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Delighted for you. Drip-drip and they will get the message.

Comment

I was googling "BT Defaults"and came across this thread, so I though I'd add my experiences.

BT added a default for an account that I had never held, in November last year.

I wrote to them, they apologised and removed the default.

But they then re-added the default in December.

I wrote to them again, they apologised, and removed the default.

They have now re-added the default on 6th Feb.
          Not only this but they have added a second default for another account I never held.
          And on top of this, they've added a second account at my current address, again which I never opened.

I've now referred the matter to the ICO and the OS:C. Here's a copy of my most recent letter to them if anyone is interested:

FAO: Data Controller (BT Retail)
          BT Centre
          81 Newgate Street
          London
          EC1A 7AJ

7th February 2013

To Whom It May Concern:

I have written to you twice already regarding your continued breach of data protection and your repeat reporting of accounts that I never held with BT Retail to Equifax. You have admitted that you are incorrect on two basis' and agreed to remove the data and advised that it will not be re-reported.

I now find that for the third time you have once again re-added default data regarding accounts I never held with BT Retail to my Equifax credit file. As you have failed to resolve the system issues that are causing this data to be reported I am taking my complaint against you to the Information Commissioner and will be seeking significant damages for your repeat defamation of character resultant from your blatant disregard for the Data Protection Act.

Originally when I wrote to you on 1st November 2012 the complaint was regarding an account I never opened that you had falsely reported as defaulted. You removed the data but subsequently re-added the data to my Equifax credit file. I wrote to you again on 11th January regarding this breach of data protection and you once again apologised and removed the data from my credit file.

Now I find that for the third time you have added false, inaccurate, and defamatory data to my Equifax file in the form of a default for an account I never opened. You have also added a second default for another account that I never held. I find it fascinating that this second ghost account that I never opened is recorded against an address with a start date of "xx/xx/2008". Fascinating, considering I didn't move to that address until Xx 2009.

I do not recognise these accounts. I never opened them. I never defaulted on any accounts that I agreed be opened with BT retail. You are already aware of this issue, yet three months on you continue to defame my reputation by posting false, inaccurate, and defamatory data on my Equifax credit file. You have now doubled the negative effect your false inaccurate data is having on my reputation by recording two defaults for accounts I never held.

You clearly have absolutely no ability whatsoever to resolve the issues on your systems. You clearly have no ability to make the required changes to ensure that your legal obligations under the Data Protection Act are observed. As reasonably requested and stated in prior correspondence you had reasonable time to resolve these issues however the time has come for me to refer this matter not only to your regulatory bodies but also legal counsel to ensure that appropriate reparation is paid to me to account for the severe detrimental effect you are having on my reputation.

You must respond to me in writing to the following address:

• Mr X X Xxxxxxxxxx, X Xxxxx Xxxxx, Xxxxxx, XXX XXX

You have recorded the false, inaccurate, and defamatory data at the following address:

• XXXXXXX, XX Xxxxxx Xxxx, Xxxxxx, XXX XXX

The false, inaccurate, and defamatory data I refer to is recorded against my Equifax credit file, which is a fresh copy as of today, as follows:

<Removed Personal Data>

As you can see, you have now added not only one but two defaults to my Equifax file on 6th February 2012. One is for an account that you already admitted should never have been opened or reported - you removed it from my credit file twice already - but you failed still to resolve the system issue that is causing the false and inaccurate data to be reported.

The second ghost account is also recorded at XXXXXXX, XX Xxxxxx Xxxx, Xxxxxx, XXX XXX - however this can't possibly be mine as I didn't move in to that address until Xx 2009. This account has a start date of XX/XX/2008. Prior to this I was living with my mother and using her phone line and internet connection - I would have had no use for a BT account at that time, and never opened one at that time.

I am absolutely gobsmacked that you have a system in place that can cause such severe repeat damage to an individual's credit rating and therefore reputation. I am also astonished that despite admitting these issues are your fault and your error, you have not figured out a way to fix the problems.

I trust you are aware that Equifax actually banned you from reporting customer data to them due to the severe inaccuracies you were sending over to them? And that this embargo existed for many years and was only very recently lifted? Did you not think that perhaps you would have to, umm I don't know, fix the issues to save the same thing from happening again?

Well let me make it clear to you this is one data subject that will not stand for his legal rights being trampled upon willy nilly for months and months on end. You have 14 days to fulfil all of the following reasonable requirements I place upon you to save my solicitor from being given further instruction on the matter from me:

• The data will be expunged from Equifax and any other Credit Reference Agency you deal with immediately
          • You will explain in full why this error has come about in the first place
          • You will also explain in full why your previous actions failed to prevent re-reporting of the data to Equifax
          • You will subsequently explain what you previously did incorrectly and what you are doing differently this time to ensure that the data never gets re-reported to Equifax or any other credit reference agency again
          • You will also launch a full investigation in to how your system is able to make such mistakes and explain fully to me what measures you will put in place to prevent both myself and other customers from suffering at the hand of your faulty systems in the future
          • You will also pay to me by cheque sent to the address of X Xxxxx Xxxxx, Xxxxxx, XXX XXX a suitable sum of compensation to cover the time, stress, and resources expended by me in having to get this matter resolved and a suitable sum to cover the Civil Offence you have committed against me of Defamation of Character. I would suggest a sum in the region of £700 to be suitable to prevent regulatory and legal action being taken

I have enclosed my prior two letters sent to you and actioned by you for your reference.

I look forward to your immediate and full resolution and completion of all matters and requests raised.

Yours Sincerely,

Comment

Go for it. Hope this will make them twitch.

Comment

izools

I am the original poster of this thread - The exact same thing has happened to me.

I have had the default added three times "in error"and each time after my complaint, it has been removed.

They have offered me £40 compensation, they sent me a cheque for £30 after the last time. Let me know what response you have had....I might push for more!

Comment

They've removed the two defaults from my credit file (again) as of a couple of days ago.

I've still had no written correspondence from them whatsoever, though.

I have filed complaints with the ICO and OS:S, which should prompt them to write out to me, but I guess I'll just have to watch this space.

I wouldn't settle for £40 / £30 / whatever, they've committed a most serious breach of data protection on multiple separate occasions, hold them to book, I sure will be!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by melj16 View Post
                  I just wanted to update you's on the situation

After contacting Ian Livingston (thanks for the email :tinysmile_grin_t: ) I had a phone call the next day from his secretary who said she had been asked to deal with my complaint on his behalf.....cut a long story short.....the default has been removed, and I have received a cheque for £30 for the hassle. I'm delighted.....the £30 means nothing really, it was the sheer stress of the default that was the worry.

Just shows how you have to watch these companies and speak up when they mess up! Thanks for all the advice guys!
                  Would you mind sharing the content of the email you sent?

I'm in a similar situation: divorce hell-->credit rating obliterated-->spent nearly 5 years on the "naughty step" repairing my credit-->applied for a mortgage-->declined due to a BT default for £59 I knew nothing about. I remain "between homes" as a result

Comment

I have today contacted Ian Livingstone only to be met with short, unhelpful answers. I will now have to go down the official route of having a default removed from my account which I know I never received.

this page looks useful to anyone it may be able to help. Hope I am ok to post links?

http://www.learnmoney.co.uk/credit-f...lt_notice.html

feel sick and so disappointed

Comment

Update. Ian Livingstone passed my details on to someone else and later that day the default was removed! Result! Sadly not had any positive impact on my credit file but am still hopeful of a mortgage.

Comment

At least they've corrected their mistake.

Comment

Newbie here.
                          We had a BT account in my wife's name, which we settled in full in Dec 2008.
                          I checked my credit report with equifax recently and found 3 entries by BT as
                          late payment in dec 2008, Jan and Feb 2009.
                          When I called, I was told there is no problem with account and somebody
                          from BT will call, which never happened.
                          After going through this thread, I have sent an email to CEO, BT. today.
                          Fingers crossed.

Many thanks.

Comment

Yes, me too...I was discharged from my bankruptcy and advised to check credit files... As of November 2011 BT wasn't there now they are plus duplicate accounts they generated in error.

So 5 BT accounts including home phone, broadband, mobile, plus two additional duplicate accounts for mobile and broadband all at same property.

The mobile was lost in post so they sent new one, but still ran lost account. Then charged me twice for same broadband, despite only having single line....I lost over 400 points on credit report score.

They agreed it was a mistake, but still reporting default accounts with balances still showing?

I have requested statements of correction to be added, but someone in BT declined to agree when contacted by Equifaxuk.

Also, I moved and not been a BT Customer because of screw up. My official receiver even sent Bankruptcy papers showing all BT accounts, as collection agents were chasing all arrears on both live and duplicate accounts.

It has been a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by izools View Post
                              They've removed the two defaults from my credit file (again) as of a couple of days ago.

I've still had no written correspondence from them whatsoever, though.

I have filed complaints with the ICO and OS:S, which should prompt them to write out to me, but I guess I'll just have to watch this space.

I wouldn't settle for £40 / £30 / whatever, they've committed a most serious breach of data protection on multiple separate occasions, hold them to book, I sure will be!

Good luck!
                              Do you have addresses and procedure for ICO and OS:S?

I and probably many others would find it quite helpful. I need to raise BT's behaviour too. I am disputing duplicate accounts, payments made to duplicate accounts were never used as promised on active accounts, so fighting 5 accounts with late, non-payments and defaults all recorded on my bankruptcy.

So unfair, that they are allowed to do this.....is there evidence online regarding Exquifax embargo against BT?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X