• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Report mistakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Report mistakes

Hi, I've just looked at my credit report. I knew it was going to be awful but I also found a few entries that are mistakes (not my debt) and one that is a duplicate. There is a Santander bank account that was opened in 2007 and closed in 2010 - in that time there were lots of defaults marked (I'm probably not using the right terminology but hopefully you'll understand).

There is also a bank account entry for a bank account (doesn't say with whom) that I allegedly opened in 1998 with a balance of over £800! - then further up there is an entry for the same amount with Thames Credit HBOS that starts in 2008 with an opening balance of £634 - the entries are either D or US up until now.

I have a Lloyds TSB credit card debt of £6280 - which is shown as a default against LLoyds but then it is shown again as a default against Lowell. (this time for £6281 - I guess they round up)

I also have one phone but orange have 2 entries one started when I started the contract with them and the other started last year - It might be something about changing my tariff but is this ok to have duplicates? sorry if I'm asking questiosn that are answered elsewhere. Thanks for your help.
    Tags: None

Re: Credit Report mistakes

It is a legal requirement for CRAs to ensure any data they hold on you is accurate. The relevant legislation is the Data Protection Act 1998. If there are mistakes, then these need to be brought to the attention of the CRA or CRAs involved and corrective action taken.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Or more realistically, against the creditors who have entered this adverse data incorrectly.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks both of you. I did send a message to "checkmyfile" and they said I needed to get in touch with the relevant creditors. I suppose even though they have a duty to make sure their information is correct the only ones who can change it are the creditors. Are there any template letters floating about that I could use? I'm not very familiar with how these things are set out so I don't really know what is ok and what is not. Is is usual for a creditor and then a debt collection agency to enter the same data? I hate dealing with DCAs so not looking forward to it...still it has to be done!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X