• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !! Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court judgment 26/03/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WON !! Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court judgment 26/03/14

Hi
    well done on getting the award, I will bet they loved having to pay that out .

You are correct the facility to VT is contained within section 99 of the act section 100 sets out the liabilities due after termination.

If the gap insurance is a condition of the agreement(in other words you had to have it in order to get the car) then it must be included within the total charge for credit, that is not form part of the credit figure, if it did then the agreement would be improperly executed and may result in it being unenforceable dependent on other factors.

To find out where exactly the charge has been placed in the agreement we would have to see the figures, total credit installments and the APR for the total loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bankers Reform View Post
      in previous cases I have taken to court I have been able to claim interest from the defendant at the same rate as they charged me.
      So on a credit card it could be anything from 15% - 40%.
      Do you have a judgement we could refer to? (Yes, expenses are STILL being discussed and we remain screwed!)

Cheers,

Rico

Comment

Update.

"supreme" court, after more than a year, has finally decided that we must pay at least some expenses to the perpetrators from the lower court.

They've essentially passed the buck back to Edinburgh, the very court that screwed us in the first place!

As far as expenses in the "supreme court" go, my solicitor's will need to negotiate with the perpetrators!

Still no news from either the government or the shadow government on what we're supposed to do when the banks continue to refuse to abide by the law. Verbally, they've said that all's good but refuse to commit that to writing.

Cheers,

Rico.
        Last edited by Rico; 19th February 2015, 13:15:PM. Reason: Incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
          "supreme" court, after more than a year has finally decided that we must p
          Must what?

Comment

yes , must what?
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Finish editing that post I think. :lol:

Comment

Update.

"supreme" court, after more than a year, has finally decided that we must pay at least some expenses to the perpetrators from the lower court.

They've essentially passed the buck back to Edinburgh, the very court that screwed us in the first place!

As far as expenses in the "supreme court" go, my solicitor's will need to negotiate with the perpetrators!

Still no news from either the government or the shadow government on what we're supposed to do when the banks continue to refuse to abide by the law. Verbally, they've said that all's good but refuse to commit that to writing.

Cheers,

Rico.
                IF youve decent costs draftsmen on board then that should be straight forward.
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

While I continue to scratch my wounds here's what I've come up with so far.

https://ukinjusticebydurkin.wordpress.com/

You can see that I'm running out of ideas...

Cheers,

Rico
                  Last edited by Rico; 23rd February 2015, 16:27:PM. Reason: Dodgy link

Comment

Hi Folks,

More bad news I'm afraid as the injustice deepens.

Supreme Court has decided to confirm that we must pay a massive chunk of expenses back to the perpetrators despite ruling that they did indeed screw us!

Sick.

We, the victims, will be doing extremely well to avoid bankruptcy, let alone trying to buy a family home.

Cheers,

Rico.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Seems the courts no longer dispense actual justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                        Bad shape indeed at the "supreme" court level. Nobody left to trust!

This is a huge win for the banks. Impossible now, I'd say, to claim difference in house price when illegally blacklisted.

That must save them a few billion quid.

We'll be at least £300K worse off now and will be doing well to avoid bankruptcy. Effectively, we'll have a mortgage on a legal debt, the same size as we should have had on the family home that we were trying to set up.

Still no answers on what I should have done nor any reasoning from justices on why the default doesn't prevent a mortgage. (It STILL does! They don't get it. Any of them. (Or they do!))

Certainly, I'd have been better off paying the original ransom but it's strange that UK policy is not to pay!

What next I wonder. Someone's bound to crack.

Rico

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                          How true. time will come around when justice will prevail no doubt albeit in the far future & historians will point out the scam this age was and how the people were treated unfairly/abused on many fronts/

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...cost-me-dearly

And that is only £4,500

Comment

Supreme Court has decided to confirm that we must pay a massive chunk of expenses back to the perpetrators despite ruling that they did indeed screw us!

Sick.

We, the victims, will be doing extremely well to avoid bankruptcy, let alone trying to buy a family home.
                              Unf*ing believable!!!

Comment

Hi Folks,

More bad news I'm afraid as the injustice deepens.

Sick.

Cheers,

Rico.
                                Do you have any idea how much that will be ??

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...8&d=1425060784
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X