• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Experian also a DCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experian also a DCA

I always used to use Experian until i found out this.

Experian, the global information solutions company, announces that it has acquired the Tallyman collections management software business. Tallyman is used by clients in the UK, Europe and Asia Pacific. This acquisition is a natural extension to Experian’s existing product offer in Decision Analytics.
    Tallyman provides software and services for managing and collecting overdue debts in the utilities, telecommunications, financial services and public sectors. Its clients include Vodafone, British Gas and ABN Amro.
    Sales of Tallyman in the year to 30 September 2006 were £9m and gross assets as at 30 September 2006 were £3m. Tallyman was purchased from Talgentra, a software solutions company.:cry:

Re: Experian also a DCA

Well I think if you had read this bit of information then you would have had a heart attack.......
    http://www.creditman.biz/uk/members/...ewsviewID=8547

Comment

Just pasting the bit from Frogsicles linky

Experian launches intelligent collections to ease debt recovery burden
      May 22 2008
      Experian®, the global information services company, launched today its Collections Information Service (CIS) to improve debt recovery by enabling organisations to take action at the most appropriate time to secure payment. Providing access to the most up-to-date information, the web-based system brings greater insight to the way in which consumers are treated during the collections process.

CIS enables collectors to access Experian’s CAIS data showing an individual’s debt on a real-time basis while they are in contact with the customer. It includes an accurate evaluation of the customer’s circumstances to suggest the best course of action for customers who are in arrears. Supported by CIS’s sophisticated scores and analytics, users access the most up-to-date customer information and analysis via alerts on spending or borrowing activity across the board.

CIS is accessed via a single click-through to an Experian web service and users are able to personalise the system, choosing preferred actions such as taking payments, restructuring the debt or moving to litigation, with supporting prompts or scripts. Furthermore, users also have access to a unique case study section that contains information on debt across different accounts held on Experian’s extensive credit bureau.

“No single debtor is the same and CIS’s innovative approach allows collectors to focus their time and energy following up on the right debts using the right approach,” said Gavin Snell, General Manager at Experian. “Previously, collections had a far more limited view of a consumer’s debt profile and recent spending habits. The launch of CIS solves this major challenge.”

“CIS can increase success rates and inject intelligence into any system, without being dependent on having existing IT resources. Initial feedback from our clients shows that CIS will make a real difference to helping lenders make the best decisions for both themselves and consumers in today’s financial climate.”
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It's no wonder they advertise so much, for people to check their files. I was a bit shocked too when my friend told me that DCA's also buy info off survey companies.
        Needless to say i dont fill them in either now

Comment

I must admit when I first heard about the underhand tactics used by the supposed independent CRA's I was shocked, but after seeing exactly what information they hold on each of us, there really is NOTHING we can do about it.

In this information age you can never really be annon especially if you have any sort of credit, loyalty cards, mobile phones, internet connection ............. the list goes on.

I'm sure you are starting to see the picture.

There's a large thread OTR concerning the information that the CRA's collect on each of us, and it's quite scary. (CAG CRA S.A.R Club - The Consumer Forums)

At the end of the day it is better to be prepared for the knocks on the door, then try and hide away, as this really isn't possible. We all leave to many footprints to stay hidden for long.
          That being said, ensuring that the information the CRA's hold on us is correct is of paramount importance. Why invite the DCA's to harass us for a debt that has nothing to do with us because the CRA's have some out dated, incorrect information that they gleaned from a third party.

So make sure your credit file is CORRECT.

Remember the best form of defence is ATTACK

Comment

Of course, all this technology is wonderful for the average person working for a DCA. Ask question A, respond with B, get result C.

The trick is to feck them up with an unpredictable response. I don't suppose too many management teams actually let their call centre staff think for themselves, so if the monkey doesn't have an appropriate button to push, he or she is stuffed.
            My Blog
            http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Here's a snippet from the Credit Today magazine regarding Experian though. SHould we feel sorry for them?

Experian feels effect of lending drought

CRA Experian's anual results for the year ended March 2008 revealed only 4 percent organic growth. Don Robert, chief executive of Experien, said that it remained "too early to call a turn in the US and UK financial markets" but warned that organic revenue for the quarter to June "may be flat to slightly down."
              Everybody say, "AWWWWWW"
              My Blog
              http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

CRA Experian's anual results for the year ended March 2008 revealed only 4 percent organic growth...so they really are Mushrooms, left in the dark and fed on Bulls_ _t:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X