• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrong CCJ Capquest+Natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong CCJ Capquest+Natwest

I am very new to this forum and seek your advice. Many thanks in advance for your time and advice.

I realised I had a CCJ against me while checking my credit rating on www.noodle.co.uk and was shocked to see a CCJ aginst my name which turned out to be from Northampton CCBC in 02/2012. Further investigations revealed the claimant was Capquest on behalf of National Westminster Bank Plc (Natwest Bank).

I called up Capquest and they accepted the date of birth they had on record did not match mine and also the address they had on file had no association to mine. They address they recorded on the CCJ was one which I had vacated in 11/2006.

They did not submit any date of birth on the CCJ to the court.

I brought this to the notice of Capquest and NatWest but have had no response from them both so far. I made a complaint to the FCO regarding Natwest and wrote to Capquest CEO Helen.

I will greatly appreciate your advice in setting aside the CCJ and if I am eligible for any compensation and how do I go about doing it.
    Last edited by romeo9; 17th February 2015, 16:48:PM.

Re: CCJ Against Wrong Person!!! Capquest + Natwest

Hi welcome,

If you believe this CCJ is not for a debt of yours then you were right to communicate with Crapquest, did you make this as Formal Complaint?

nem

Comment

Re: CCJ Against Wrong Person!!! Capquest + Natwest

Thanks Nem,

Yes I did. I wrote to them and still awaiting a response. I have now written to their CEO Helen.

Comment

Re: Wrong CCJ Capquest+Natwest

Someone, please help!

Comment

Are you sure Capquest were actually making the claim on behalf of the bank/

Comment

Yes. Northampton CCBC confirmed that.

Comment

You need to apply to the court to set aside the ccj. If you can get Capquest as claimant to agree to the set aside first then it will cost you £50, if not £155 - which is claimable back off the claimant. You might be eligible for fee exemption if on benefits or a low income - see EX160 form on HMCS website.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...lication-notes
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X