• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Default Nightmare!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays Default Nightmare!

Just a little note to say thank you for all of your help. I received a letter from the FOS stating that since their involvement Barclays have admitted that the default was applied to my account incorrectly. The FOS have told Barclays that the default must be removed straight away and they are going to give me £50 compensation. As part of the settlement I was asked by the FOS to pay the outstanding balance within 14 days.
    I'm so happy and feel that it was well worth the fight. I won't stop pestering Barclays though until it has been removed and I can see it on my credit report. Thank you everyone.

Comment

Good result. Glad to have helped.

Comment

Thank you once again.

Comment

wow .. what a result ... I have some issues with BC and this has given me the inspiration to take them on :-)

Comment

I need your help.... I have a default registered against me by Barclays. I sent them a request under the CCA asking for a true signed copy of the agreement that this relates to. Barclays replied to this by saying that they were unable to find an account in my name. I sent a further request advising that it was deeply concerning that they had registered a default and that they were also unable to find an account in my name. I requested that the default be removed as unsubstantiated. I received no reply.

I have sent 4 further requests to Barclays asking for the information and then that they were now in breach of the duties and therefore the data registered against me must be removed. No reply from Barclays. I have contacted the FOS and they have advised they will look into it and come back to me in 3 weeks. However, Experian have contacted me today to say that Barclays have responded to their notice of correction entry and advised that the default should remain but could not advise them what it was for!!!

What do i do now! i have followed every process and sent so many letter to Barclays! Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X