• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Experian to check on Benefit Cheats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Experian to check on Benefit Cheats

That's a perfect example Nelly - thank you xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The increasing trend of eastern europeans doing cash jobs such as labouring, electrical, plumbing and cleaning jobs which they are not declaring it for tax and sending the money home for their families is a huge loss in taxes and national insurance. This is one area the government could find a way of clamping down on. These peeps will not even show up on the radar as they do have a National Insurance number.

Comment

So David Cameron is going to use credit rating firms to root out benefit cheats.While he is at it, why not get in touch with Ocean finance to consolidate the budget deficit into one managable monthly payment?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Ahhh you'll like this then Angrycat DWP Welfare consultation - 21st Century - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Benefit cheats (ooo iffy subject but I'll go with it a minute lol) arent always peeps who set out to defraud the state, quite a lot I would think fell into it because the system is so damn rubbish that working just doesnt cover what you were getting on benefits and if you inform them of any change in circumstances you are screwed for a daft amount of time with no money whatsoever, so the next time, you dont report until you are sorted out, then it carries on, and on... etc. That needs changing, big time! Then the figures will fall below the 1%.
          Yes Amethyst, it is as you say an iffy subject.
          And not a subject that I really wish to become embroiled with.

I do however, believe that the system needs changing; modernising.
          As does, the attitude of some who believe that the state should keep them but they are perfectly able to work.
          I would love to know how Experian will be able to find out much about these individuals, who probably do not have bank accounts, credit cards or mortages etc...?

[Emphasis] I am not having a dig at those who cannot work or, cannot obtain employment e.g. there is no work available in their area.

Comment

Its all part of the plan ... (Ame puts on her paranoia conspiracy theory hat) (then takes it off again and walks away singing la la la )

I do agree with you - have a read of the consultation theres some interesting stuff in there
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
              So David Cameron is going to use credit rating firms to root out benefit cheats.While he is at it, why not get in touch with Ocean finance to consolidate the budget deficit into one managable monthly payment?

It is just giving more power to Experian, who cannot even get it right as it is!

Bank Accounts come under, sensitive data: DPA!

The whole plan, is outrageous and more likely to affect the law abiding general consumer, than that of the benefit fraudster.

Not a good idea Mr. Cameron, feeling sure that the CAB will voice similar...

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                msl:msl:msl:msl: msl:
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

As has been demonstated since Dopey Dave came to power (?) it just takes someone to stand before him and say - " NO! David that's very naughty " and he will give in. Poor chap didn't even know that his ministers were going to take the babies milk away!!. As I have said before - be careful how you regard benefit claimants WE!! are not all workshy scroungers. I get housing benefit and council tax reduction because of the high cost of private rented accomodation forces you into claiming. Having to exist on pension and pension credit lowers you lifestyle more than somewhat. Whilst the majority of homeowners have sat upon their backsides and seen the value of their properties rocket in value ( unearned income courtesy of Tony and Gordon ) the private market rents have soared at a greater rate leaving thousands of families who can't afford the stupid house prices plus a total lack of social housing eligible to be thrown onto the streets. No-one gives a **** about their plight, not even you, because their alright Jack. Please think before you trash us because there is , almost in every case, a bloody good reason why we have to rely on the state. Rant over goodnight

Comment

Originally posted by FCC View Post
                    As has been demonstated since Dopey Dave came to power (?) it just takes someone to stand before him and say - " NO! David that's very naughty " and he will give in. Poor chap didn't even know that his ministers were going to take the babies milk away!!. As I have said before - be careful how you regard benefit claimants WE!! are not all workshy scroungers. I get housing benefit and council tax reduction because of the high cost of private rented accomodation forces you into claiming. Having to exist on pension and pension credit lowers you lifestyle more than somewhat. Whilst the majority of homeowners have sat upon their backsides and seen the value of their properties rocket in value ( unearned income courtesy of Tony and Gordon ) the private market rents have soared at a greater rate leaving thousands of families who can't afford the stupid house prices plus a total lack of social housing eligible to be thrown onto the streets. No-one gives a **** about their plight, not even you, because their alright Jack. Please think before you trash us because there is , almost in every case, a bloody good reason why we have to rely on the state. Rant over goodnight
                    FCC, please see the following:

[quote] by David Cameron:
                    If you are entitled to welfare and can claim it then you should claim it but if you are not entitled to it you should not get and should not claim it."[quote]

Pensioners, who do not own their own property are entitled to claim:
                    Housing Benefit if their capital or, savings are under £16,000.

Please also see the link Re: Pension Credit: (conditions apply)
                    http://www.ageuk.org.uk/money-matter...ension-credit/

Pensioners, are now the new poor. In reality, people care very much about their plight...

Everyone cares about pensioners, even Mr. Cameron!

Please do not forget about your winter fuel payments:

http://www.ac-communities.org.uk/tor...ex.cfm?id=2633

Hopefully, the above may assist

p.s. The problem lays within all the complicated forms that pensioners have to fill in. The whole system needs modernising and be made simple, for a lay person; (a pensioner) to understand[Emphasis Added]
                    Last edited by Angry Cat; 10th August 2010, 21:36:PM.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...it-cheats.html

Comment

The ICO statement referred to in the article posted by Angry Cat

Originally posted by ICO
                        11 August 2010
                        ICO defends privacy interest over benefit crackdown
                        A spokesperson for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) said:
                        “The ICO is seeking further clarification from the Department of Work and Pensions in relation to the government’s proposal to use information provided by credit reference agencies to combat benefit fraud. The Data Protection Act is not a barrier to sensible information sharing and some sharing already takes place with credit reference agencies. However it appears that the latest proposals may go further. The details in relation to these plans therefore need to be further explored.
                        “Information Commissioner, Christopher Graham, has written to the Welfare Reform Minister Lord Freud suggesting a meeting. ‘I hope the Government is going to hold to the good practice of considering the data protection implications of policies at the earliest stage,’ the Commissioner says.
                        “A common sense approach should be applied to information sharing. This includes letting people know how their information will be processed. Most organisations make it clear that should they need to they will share details with authorities for the prevention and detection of crime. It is reasonable to expect that if you are committing benefit fraud your details will be shared with the appropriate authorities dealing with this. But any information sharing should be made clear in privacy policies. Credit reference agencies handle sensitive personal information. We work closely with the agencies and industry representatives to ensure the industry complies with the requirements of the Act.”
                        For all media enquires, please contact the ICO
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

As the credit rating agencies were characterised as "bounty hunters" being paid by results, campaigners warned of the potential consequences.

Shami Chakrabarti, director of pressure group Liberty, said: "What we must not do is to create the benefit equivalent of parking attendants who are wanting to find people guilty, wanting to find people suspicious, because that's the way they get paid."

Comment

I just cannot see this as being good in any sense of the word.

With no real regulation of this sector whats to stop any of these CRA's (who basically just collate masses of data to search across ) selling the data possibly gathered with extra powers from the government........ to their real "customers"

Or even cross referencing the list of people the government search for who obviously are claiming benefits with the DCA's so the DCA's can then see who is a real claimant etc

The potential for misuse whilst this is a private enterprise and no real regulatory authority who oversee it is to large imvho.

S.
                            I thought I knew something, but now I know nothing

Comment

As tom says, what if the CRAs share data about who are claiming benefits with third parties? If the DWP search shows up on a persons report, say as a new type of search which lenders can see, they know if a potential customer is in/out of work a lot depending on how often they claim benefits. Or perhaps a person on benefits would be seen as too big of a risk. Could the fact you have ever claimed benefits mean some lenders say no?
                              Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

If this carzy plan goes through, the ICO will be even busier than they already are!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X