• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

need advice for a friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice for a friend

Right, any of you guys available to offer some advice?

one of my friends has got the following according to a recent check on equifax.

3 CCJ's, and 5 Defaults.

3 of the defaults are from mobile providers, and the ccj's are from various cards I think. Several of the CCJ's are for large amounts and they have not responded to any of the letters since whenever they started. He seems to have just run away from the situation, so now I need to assist them in whatever way i can.

Whats the best way of going about this situation?

most of the defaults and CCJ's were issued between 2004 to 2006.

After 6 years, the credit file should be clean shouldn't it?

so is he best off waiting another year? or does he try and get the defaults and ccj's settled? I do not think he can pay off the large CCJ amounts, they are far too much, but the defaults for mobile phones are much smaller and manageable.

he is trying to open a new business, but has been refused a bank account.

whats the remedy for this?

don't get me started on why they are in this situation, there aren't enough obscenities to describe it!

any advice is appreciated in this situation.

Re: need advice for a friend

Ouchy. Does he have all his paperwork ? (yes I know silly question but you never know some people have boxes of unopened mail under the stairs - not me tho, never...)

Need to find out

CCJ - company - amount - approx date of judgment - what the order was (forthwith or installment) whether there any charging orders (if he owns his house) etc.

Defaults - well same really. length of default, company, amountish.

Is he doing anything to pay anything to any of these 8 companies or has he just hidden from everything and pretended they arent there ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Ouchy. Does he have all his paperwork ? (yes I know silly question but you never know some people have boxes of unopened mail under the stairs - not me tho, never...)

Need to find out

CCJ - company - amount - approx date of judgment - what the order was (forthwith or installment) whether there any charging orders (if he owns his house) etc.

Defaults - well same really. length of default, company, amountish.

Is he doing anything to pay anything to any of these 8 companies or has he just hidden from everything and pretended they arent there ?
      well they basically didn't respond to any of the letters they got, so no! they never paid anything to these companies!

well i checked one of the defaults, its been settled to o2, a bill of a few hundred.

but the rest are all outstanding.

i told them they must be nuts to have got this much debt so quickly! i will find out the rest of the information.

some info here:

Defaulted accounts

Aktiv

£ 500
      default given on 10/05
      -----------------------------------
      Lowell Portfolio 1

£ 500
      default given on: 09/05
      -------------------------------------
      Hutchison 3g
      £160
      Default satisfied on 08/06
      -------------------------------------
      Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd
      £100
      default given on 11/04
      ------------------------------------
      Black Horse Ltd
      £ 4.4k
      default given on 02/06
      -------------------------------
      linked debts on another address
      Aktiv

£ 2.2k
      default given on 05/05
      -------------------------------

Equidebt £ 3.2k
      default given on 03/05

For the CCJ's (lives with a parent so not a homeowner)

1.) Issued on 11/05 for amount of £700
      2.) Issued on 04/06 for amount of £3.9k
      3.) Issued on 03/06 for amount of £300

On the credit search, it doesn't seem to give info on which company gave which CCJ.
      Last edited by dildobaggins; 10th February 2010, 07:21:AM.

Comment

Okay so he has nothing to lose really.

The CCJs will fall off his record after the 6 years but the CCJ can still be enforced by the creditor - although having done nothing for so long a court is unlikely is order very much in the way of enforcement so its a good time to negotiate paying things off. The CCJs will stay on the file whether paid or not although I think they can be marked as settled.

If nothing has happened since 2006 contact wise with these companies then his file should be clear in 2012, and the non CCJ ones statute barred.

Is he getting any contact from any of them now ?

How did he access his credit report ? (he might find contact starts up if he checked on his current address)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I think he stopped getting much contact for a while.
          so for the CCJ's, its better just to leave them?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X