• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit report query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit report query

Happy New Year to you all.

I have a question in regards to my credit report and the information being reported by Lowell Financial. Since starting a payment plan with them in February 2018 they have registered on the report that I am six months in arrears. I have not missed any payments with Lowell and they are claiming that the six months being reported is from their client. However, their client JD Williams sold the account to them. So surely they should be just registering my payments with themselves and not with JD WIlliams. The JD Williams account is listed on my report as settled, due to being sold to Lowell.

I have contacted Lowell again for a response as they seem quite inept in this situation. In the meantime any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is the only blip on my report so very keen to get this resolved one way or the other. Many thanks.

The account isn't marked as a default on your credit file by JD Williams ?

Do you know when you defaulted on the account? Do you recall receiving any Default Notice ?

Of course, by challengingit, you risk correcting the 6 month arrears to change into a Default marker, which may be worse for your credit score. The Default marker should be dated at the actual date of default, and then comes off the file after 6 years.

How far off are you from settling the account with Lowell ? ( if you get it fully settled then it could be marked as such without having a default recorded just the 6 month arrears marker )

How much is the debt ? and when were Lowell assigned the account ?

I think first step is to gather information - so a SAR to JD Williams and to Lowell to find out what's happened with the account -Subject Access Request Letter
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply. The account has never been marked as a default. I have looked at the past history with JD WIlliams and it is marked as AR (arrangement to pay), they then suddenly sold it to Lowell. The JD Williams account is marked as Settled.
      There is just over £300 to pay off at present, cannot afford to pay off in full, if I could I would to save the problems. They were assigned the debt in late 2017.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X