• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Noddle - Callcredit ( now TransUnion) - and Hoist Portfolio reporting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Experian this morning - makes sense

Thank you for your contact received on 26/09/2018

*Barclaycard account and Hoist Portfolio account (started 02/06/2014)

I appreciate your concerns with regards to the 2 accounts being recorded on your Experian Credit Report for the same debt.

The entry recorded by Barclaycard shows the name of the company that the debt was originally owed to. The second entry recorded by Hoist Portfolio shows that the debt has now been sold to another company to collect.

Although the debt is now being recorded twice, only the entry recorded by Hoist Portfolio will be considered when you apply for credit, or in the calculation of your Experian Credit Score. No further updates will take place on the original debt.

Both entries will show on your credit report for six years from the date that the account defaulted. This means they can be removed from your credit report on 20/01/2022.

However I understand that you have a complaint ongoing with this at the moment so please be reassured to know that if we receive any updates for this, we will update your report accordingly.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Kind Regards,
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Bloody default still on file wrongly. End of next week is the deadline for resolution or it goes to FOS.

Had to cancel Mortgage app meeting while I get this sorted as I spoke with the bank and they said although the letter would help IF the underwriters looked at it manually it wasn't guaranteed it would go to underwriters so didn't want to risk it.... so slightly pissed off.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Waiting for complaints to call
        me back. Again. Noddle updated this morning.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2377C68A-4ACE-4772-A90E-86AC221BF687.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1430469

2 days to FOS.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Allegedly sorted, and a £50 cheque apparently, but I won't pull out the party poppers just yet, see what next Monday nights Noddle update brings.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Response to complaint ( still we'll take with a pinch of salt until next Tuesday ) I might have to go back on the grammatical errors as there's bits where it just doesn't make sense, although I know what she's trying to say it doesn't matter, just an irritation.

Further to your complaint received by us on 31st August 2018 I am writing to advise you that my investigation has now concluded. Thank you for speaking with me regarding your complaint.

My understanding of your complaint is that an account you did not recognise has been added to your credit file, when this was subsequently removed your account which you settled on 25 May 2018. You have advised that this balance is still showing as outstanding on your credit file, which is impacting your progress with your mortgage application.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you have been caused by our actions, I can assure you that this was not our intention. Having reviewed your complaint, I would like to first like to assure you that you are not liable for the additional balance which appeared on your Call Credit report. This was incorrectly visible to you due to a system change we undertook.

When this was rectified we subsequently incorrectly reported through Call Credit that you’re ex Barclaycard balance, which was partially satisfied 25 May 2018, remained outstanding and due. I apologise that we did not rectify this promptly, I would like to assure you that we have now manually updated their records, meaning that the balance will show as partially satisfied.

With the above information in mind, I have upheld your complaint. I have also arranged for a cheque to be sent to you for £50.00 within the next 28 days, this is towards any costs you may have incurred contacting us. Should you have any evidence that our actions have unfairly impacted your mortgage application please do not hesitate to forward this to me to review further.

Following the review of your complaint, I have now closed your complaint. In so doing, I am confirming that this letter is our ‘Final Response’ under the terms of our complaints procedure. If you believe that the matter has not been fully resolved to your satisfaction, you can write to us or call us on 0800 028 571, to discuss your concerns further.
            Alternatively, you may wish to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service using their contact details which are detailed below:
            You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this email.
            If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
            A copy of the Ombudsman’s ‘Your complaint and the ombudsman’ leaflet can be accessed via their website, alternatively we can send you a copy upon request.
            Kind regards
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Huzzah !!

Click image for larger version  Name:	shazhoist.png Views:	1 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	1431700
              Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just going to add an update on mortgage thing, but just realised I haven't had my £50 ... might have to ring them about that....tsk !

Anyway, applied for the mortgage a month ago, and 'apparently' just waiting for employers reference for OH to be done and they'll send us a formal offer ( fingers crossed ).

They've done a full credit search, and it seems to have done this to my experian credit score .... down 203 points ?!?!?! - the mortgage application search is literally the only thing that differs from the previous month. Other half's has had the same search but his has gone up by 35 points. I have no sodding idea how this works.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-11 11_44_44-Cortana.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1443013
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Cheque received today
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thought I'd just check this was still all okay with the change from Noddle to Credit Karma... and yip all good.

We got the mortgage agreed in December and after a bit of kerfuffle to do with HS2 and the council everything finally went through 7th May and we now own our house ( well, the bank owns our house for the moment but hopefully not for too long ) - will see what the mortgage does to our credit score in a couple months.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hoistupdatekarma.png Views:	1 Size:	56.1 KB ID:	1468973
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X