• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Noddle - Callcredit ( now TransUnion) - and Hoist Portfolio reporting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noddle - Callcredit ( now TransUnion) - and Hoist Portfolio reporting.

My credit report alerted me to a new entry today.

So first found out Noddle are updating WEEKLY on the free access website rather than monthly ( had a panic that'd I'd signed up to pay for weekly updating, but they've just started doing it - long may it continue )

Then found out that CallCredit ( the CRA that Noddle is based on ) have changed to TransUnion Information Group... not sure why haven't looked into it yet.

And Hoist have stuck a default on my file from a default in 2015. It's only appeared this week as it wasn't there last update ( 6th August ).

Bit of a shock as I've been working hard on my credit files and thought I had got everything paid up and settled and was on the home straight. I keep an slightly obsessive eye on all three via Noddle, MSE Credit Club and Clearscore.

So this is allegedly a credit card, opened in March 2014 and defaulted in June 2015. Hoist have marked it since July 2017 at balance of £600 odd month until 1 June 2018, then changed it to £250 and put it on the file dated 1 July 2018 with 10 months 'history' showing. Presumably they bought whatever it is in Sept 2017 and suddenly decide to report on the credit file.

I certainly haven't paid anything, I knew nothing about it till a couple hours ago. I do not recall having any other cards, I had a Cap One and a Barclaycard which were both paid up and both show on the file under different DCA's in the closed account bit. Have absolutely no idea what this one could be.

So I rang Hoist - their phones rang out after some terrible music and weird airplane noises, so tried Robinson Way, ( same people in essence) and they couldn't find anything, but they had a special line through to Hoist, who were lovely, but who also knew nothing about it. They had all my details from another account which was settled a few months back ( and shows perfectly on my credit file ) - but could see nothing about any other account.

I've recieved no letters whatsoever.

So complaint gone in, SAR gone to robway and hoist, and put a dispute through Noddle - which hopefully will bring up something.

Pee'd off.

No questions just thought I diarise getting it sorted.

Click image for larger versionName:	hoistaug2018.pngViews:	2Size:	44.8 KBID:	1419103 .

stands out like a sore thumb... ffs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	report.png
Views:	2
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1419105
    Attached Files
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Called Hoist again yesterday and they have received the Notice of Dispute from Noddle, there's a Dispute marked on the credit file, and Hoist have a complaint from me being looked at, and they still have nothing on their systems at all about the alleged debt. They think it is a mistake and expect it to simply be removed within 28 days ( from my original call on 13th August ) but no decision has been made and no one yet knows what it is or where it has come from.

So case of waiting and seeing for the moment. If I haven't heard in the next 7 days I'll give them another call.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Well, they've just confirmed they're removing it from the file, so just waiting for that to happen now. Weirdly the last guy I spoke to reckons it's a 'duplicate' of my old Barclaycard account ... I pointed out all the numbers and dates are entirely different from that or anything else on my file so it really wasn't a duplicate but thats the excuse he was sticking to. I don't really care, just want the bloody thing off my file - it's not affected me in any way but if it doesn't come off in the next month I'll look at a formal complaint.

I've sent a SAR anyway so we'll see what that comes back with.
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Had a call from Hoist this morning. They're raising a formal complaint. They think it has something to do with a new system they've set up of reporting to callcredit.

So it's raised as a formal complaint, they're getting back to me within a week, then there's the 8 weeks to resolve then it goes to FOS.

So that's in progress....

Then the Postman came... bringing a letter from Robinson Way saying that a Barclaycard account that I've never heard of and whose reference numbers match nothing at all is no longer being dealt with by them and I should contact their client ( but fail to say who their client is - doh!)

So rang Hoist back....

They are having some major issues and don't actually know what's going on but it has affected a lot of accounts and seems to be linked to Robinson Way and reporting to CallCredit. Think maybe should put a note out somewhere to check your call credit ( Noddle ) credit file and raise a complaint if there's shenanigans going on.

Called Robinson Way just to check and they've confirmed the letter is the same account as the one that was settled - and don't really know why they sent a letter at all... lol. But said their 'client' for it was Barclaycard - not Hoist - as it's been sold back ?!?!???? Lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	289F0366-ABC4-44C3-A4B3-099267BA5D7C.png Views:	1 Size:	423.7 KB ID:	1421606
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Arrghhh. That must be sooo annoying for you Amethyst .

So, if they sold the "alleged" debt back to Barclays, why do they have that entry listed with the Credit Ref Agency?
          Also, is the Credit Ref Agency going to take down their entry after 28 days? or are you going to be stuck in this revolving nightmare of them trying to be coy and passing blame, while all the while keeping that entry on your file?

Again, seems soooo annnoying. I do feel for you.

Comment

God knows, I'm just waiting on an email from them confirming the complaint then I'll put it all in writing and go through the 8 weeks then Financial Ombudsman / ICO process. I feel bad for people who might be affected who are in the middle of mortgage applications etc. If this is across a lot of accounts it's going to end up costing Hoist a fair whack in compensation - but we'll see how they go resolving the issues.

oh, the one they sold back to Barclays ( I doubt they actually did ) is the one I settled ( f&f @ 50%) back in March and is fine on the file in closed accounts at a zero balance - so separate to the dodgy one that's in dispute on my file.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well, it's gone from my credit file today.... actually as has the previously settled account from the closed account section. And bizarrely my 'score' has gone down .... we'll see what occurs at the full monthly update in anycase, but for now am happy.
              Still no emails or dispute resolution on Noddle mind.

Click image for larger version  Name:	reportfixed.png Views:	1 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	1422478

last weeks screenshots attached
              Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Response to my SAR

Name:	011882B1-A107-45E7-BAB2-7E125BA004E1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1422780
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Confirmation from Noddle in the Dispute section.

Name:	noddledisputeres.png
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1423191
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Letter from Hoist today saying they are looking into my complaint... and they give the account reference for the account that is perfectly fine and has no complaint .... lol ... probably as the other one doesn't exist.

So, rang them up to make sure they were investigating the right thing and I wasn't going to end up with more problems... and the lady I spoke with mentioned something about an 'incident' related to the reporting from Hoist to Callcredit which my account may have been caught up in. Probably the same incident that someone else on here who started getting letters about a Welcome loan he had never had.

Anyway, emailed her over another copy of the credit file with the erroneous marker ( now removed ) so she can make sure that I do actually get an explanation and apology for the cock up, at some point.... still going through the 8 week complaints process but they say they haven't actually started looking at it... which is poo, because its been removed from the credit file, so somethings been looked in to.

Hey ho

Wonder if an ICO report is necessary if there has been some kind of data breach / general cock up ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well, a standard SAR is a bit pointless... this is the response from Hoist.... which says nothing I don't know and only mentions the account I know about, I'm pretty sure they hold a shed load more data about me than these.

Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst,

What was the service address you used for Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd to send your letter to?

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        My credit report alerted me to a new entry today.

I've recieved no letters whatsoever.

So complaint gone in, SAR gone to robway and hoist, and put a dispute through Noddle - which hopefully will bring up something.

Pee'd off.

No questions just thought I diarise getting it sorted.

Click image for larger versionName:	hoistaug2018.pngViews:	2Size:	44.8 KBID:	1419103 .

stands out like a sore thumb... ffs.

Name:	report.png
Views:	2
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1419105

Comment

Credit reports just updated across all three - and now in closed accounts it seems Hoist and Barclays are reporting the same debt ( the status is right - partially settled, zero balance etc) but same info from both companies so looks like two separate ones, and the scores have plummeted ( Experian's gone down 150 ffs - tho I can't imagine it's just due to that?). anyway I've got mortgage appt in two weeks so really annoyed lol Grrrr.

I'll ring Hoist and see who is going to remove an entry - Hoist or Barclays.

Screeny from experian ( MSE credit club )

Name:	2018-09-24 10_31_25-Start.png
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1425323
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Getting beyond funny now ... will ring them tmw re taking the whole cock up to fos & ICO

this appeared today .....as a default .... seems to be the settled account rather than the invented account at least but mortgage appt next Monday ffs.

Name:	A6E7F824-9F24-49E3-B991-4C805F4C6FDE.jpeg
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1426600
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hoist are sending a letter confirming the data on the credit file is inaccurate for me to take to the bank - and manually amending so it does show correctly ( closed/ partially settled ) on call credit.

The original complaint ( with all the added bits) is still in progress and the 8 weeks is 25 October - so see what happens by then - or the whole caboodle is off to FOS and ICO.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X