• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is this enforceable or not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this enforceable or not

In dispute with HFC/Beneficial. The following agreement concerns a laptop bought in PC World.

Is it enforceable, it was signed on the premises.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Re: Is this enforceable or not

I would say yes... signed by you both (I assume you have whited out your signature) and only 4 years old. Why are you disputing it?
    When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Yep I'd say so too - signed on trade premises so no right to cancel required. APR's repayment sigs cca 1974 bits all there.

Its a flexible loan which has a limit of £1000 of which £399 was to pay off existing debt. So it is run on an account or a card ? or was it a loan of £1000 straight up ?

need to know those bits to see if cost of credit etc should be there or not
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This was a run on from a 0% account over 18mths.

The T&Cs attached mention my right to cancel, does this not negate the can't cancel because signed on premises rule of thumb?. Also there is no remedies statement does this not make it unenforceable.

Reason why I'm going after this is that I've a cc card account with Beneficial (HFC) and the best they can provide is an illegible application form.

I'd like to add this to any court action as indicative of the excremental way they do business.

Beneficial CC application form - the T&Cs are bullworks so won't scan them unless you want to see 'em

As you can see this is complete tosh and as this is attached to a CCJ & charge on my property (obtained before I saw the light) the more I can show them to be incompetent the better my chances

If the HFC loan is 'kosher' then I'll pay willingly but with their record I reckon I've a right to be suss.
        Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Okay so you already have a charging order and CCJ off the back of this account ?

Sorry frisp I'm just trying to work out what you are trying to do.

The first agreement you posted took over the second, and then you got a CCJ on the account, or the CCJ was on the first and you then took the second out to pay off the CCJ ?

Can you try explain simply for me , sorry.

If the HFC loan is 'kosher' then I'll pay willingly but with their record I reckon I've a right to be suss.
          Do you have a doubt that you took out that loan ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

There's no point disputing this debt on the basis of cancellation rights. You didn't have any statutory rights, and any contractual rights are long passed.

I've also seen courts enforce identical agreements to this, although i haven't done the maths it seems generally courts think this format of agreement is acceptable.

Think you will have to chalk this one up to one you must pay...

Comment

The agreements posted are not related the former is for a laptop that rolled into a loan from HFC

The latter agreement relates to a CC for which HF/Restons went straight to court despite my trying to negotiate a settlement and obtained a CCJ resulting in a charge on my property. All of which was done b4 I knew what was what.

If the first first agreement is good then I'll negotiate a payment schedule, what are the thoughts on the 2nd.

Comment

My thoughts are I can't read it. Can you? Does it have the interest rate, credit limit, and repayment terms in it?

Comment

Originally posted by tomterm8 View Post
                  My thoughts are I can't read it. Can you? Does it have the interest rate, credit limit, and repayment terms in it?
                  I agree TT but I can never get them to admit it without courts action.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X