• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and UNENFORCEABILITY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI and UNENFORCEABILITY

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    There's quite a big bit for the CARD PROTECTION PLAN on that application ? Were you paying a separate PPI Policy to that ? Did it show on your statements as a monthly amount ?( and if so what did it show as and what amoutn was it - % of the balance usually )

( Thouris/MBNA @mystery1 ? (I'm a little out of date) )

It does sound like Thorius should have argued that too but she went for miss selling and unenforceable due to no agreement rather than s18 as was in play in Yates v Nemo.

M1

Comment

Re: PPI and UNENFORCEABILITY

Well I've read that now M1 and had to wait until the final paragraph to find out whodunnit but yes there its - two separate parts
      Thanks for that, I really appreciate it. :goodjob:

Amethyst, to be honest, this was so long ago (2003) that I really cant remember and of course statements are no longer available to check. But the wording suggests it was simply added to the monthly payment without any though to explaining how the amount had been calculated let alone what the benefit was. It seems bizarre now because of what we've all learnt over the years but it's scary that at the time we obviously just accepted what was presented to us without question (which is precisely why it's come back to haunt the industry I suppose?)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X