• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tools vs Simply Be / Shoe Tailor / JD Williams / Candid Collections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tools vs Simply Be / Shoe Tailor / JD Williams / Candid Collections

Originally posted by Tools View Post
    I ran a letter past BurlyKen earlier here it is for editing/ additions sugestions from anyone. Any input gratefully received.
    Just a thought, but maybe if you unlocked the thread.......

Comment

(keeping it closed to posting until everything is in the correct order, dates may be wrong give or take a month

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just this second finished adding the last attachment so nerrr.........
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Well I think it would be quite interesting Jules - if I could open any of the attachments.
          Is no longer here

Comment

Dear Sirs,

Please find enclosed copy correspondence between your company and me.

I refer you to the following paragraph in the letter from Margaret Gwyther dated ........... that states;

“I can confirm that both accounts have now been removed and will not be assigned”

This clearly is not the case. In my letter to you dated .........., I stated my intention to issue proceedings under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970. As such, I have made initial telephone contact with the Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Services Authority to clarify my position. They have confirmed to me that you are indeed in breach of the above Act.

The Information Commissioner's Office has also confirmed that you are in breach of Section 10 of the Data Protection Act 1998. It is, therefore, my intention to seek damages, as is my right under Section 13(1) of said Act.

I hereby give you 14 days in which to provide me with evidence that all negative information has ceased to be processed and removed from your systems and that of your agents including any third party Credit Reference Agencies. I request that you respond to me by return with a reasonable offer of settlement to prevent any future litigation, mandatory fines, costs or investigation from the relevant bodies.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Thank you BendyWee and Ame for noticing and fixing the attachments.

Thank you Amy for the suggestions, the amended letter is below

Dear Sirs,

Please find enclosed copy correspondence between your company and me.

I refer you to the following paragraph in the letter from Margaret Gwyther dated 15th July 2008 that states;

“I can confirm that both accounts have now been removed and will not be assigned”

This clearly is not the case. In my letter to you dated 30th June 2008 I stated my intentions to issue proceedings under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970. As such I have made initial telephone contact with the Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Services Authority to clarify my position. They have confirmed to me that you are indeed in breach of the above Act.

The Information Commissioner`s Office has also confirmed that you are in breach of Section 10 of the Data Protection Act 1998. It is, therefore, my intention to seek damages, as is my right, under Section 13(1) of the said Act.

I hereby give you 14 days in which to give evidence that all negative information has ceased to be processed and removed from your systems and that of your agents including any third party Credit Reference Agencies. I request that you respond to me by return with a reasonable offer of settlement to prevent any future litigation, mandatory fines, costs or investigation from the relevant bodies.

Yours faithfully
              I did wonder, as they have freely admitted it may have in their apology letter dated 15th July, if I should mention any `distress or upset` it has caused. I have of course hidden behind the sofa each time anyone knocked at the door and dread the telephone ringing
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Letters fine, says all you need it to to have the desired effect. No I don't think you should mention any distress.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Ame and thank you for everything you`ve done on this one from the very start, countless re writes and input even when you didn`t agree with the principles behind it you still helped me.

Comment

So you've had the whole debt written off?

Comment

So it would seem Di, but I don`t think for one second this is the last I`ve heard of them.

I have also done similar with Studio Cards & Gifts account but have yet to post it. They were a little easier

Comment

After receiving a letter advising the account is written off, i usually would continue to challenge any further correspondence for collection.

Now I'm starting to think along the lines of.

Sit back and let them all play together, surely at the last point they can't do a thing if they have advised in writing that the debt is written off.

Also while they are chasing me for a debt they have admitted i no longer owe, then they are leaving alone someone who is in debt "BUT"....Can never stop pulling their chains.

Looks like you won too, such fun, so addictive

Comment

still not heard anymore from jd not sure what to do next
                          tg

Comment

hello all well i have been reading the thread but i am now at the stage when i got to yes the letter saying now with moorcroft etc the same letter in post no35
                            so upon me reading which letter do i send now tyvvm
                            tg

Comment

Hi Travelgirl

Could you post up your progress so far in here Travelgirl vs J D Williams

Also you say the letter in post #35 , there is no post #35 can you link to/quote the one you mean please

Comment

oh im sorry tools i dont know why 35 is on my mind perhaps i should do 35 on the lotto hotpicks lol thyvvm
                                tg
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                was thread 12 where jd w is refering to moorcroft
                                tg
                                Last edited by travelgirl; 13th October 2008, 05:18:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X