• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CONC 13.1.5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONC 13.1.5

Please could you help me to understand the above section of the act.
    CONS 13.1.5

Thanks,

Andy
    Tags: None

Re: CONC 13.1.5

Relates to future payments.

The dispensation seems to apply to agreements where there is a
    variable or potentially variable item in the computation of the debtor's repayments, and does not serve as an
    excuse for a creditor who lacks the required information through inefficiency.

Comment

Hi thanks, please can you give me an example of what this means.

thanks,

Andy

Comment

Totally agree Andy. I am not used to interpreting ‘legal speak’ and abstract or out of context paragraphs do not seem to refer to any point or make any clear sense. To many this seems perfectly clear but they probably use this type of language every day. I can quote great passages from Chaucer, Dante and Shakespeare. I would not expect anyone who had not studied them to understand all of the language used or get the message contained within the words. Beowulf in the original Anglo Saxon is clearer to me than this stuff. I have often said that I cannot tell the difference between Legal Speak and Magic Spells!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

FCA CONC ?? I don't know where Nibs bit came from ?? sounds like gobbledegook lol.

So is it this you are asking about ?? http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/FCA/CONC/13/1

The statement of account
          CONC 13.1.5 ( GUIDANCE }

01/04/2014
          FCA

If the firm possesses insufficient information to enable it to ascertain the amount and date of any sum which is to become payable, it is sufficient to indicate the basis on which they would fall to be ascertained.

May be easier Andy to ask what you are trying to work out so we know if you are looking in the right place for the answers.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry, not enough context.

Speaking of which, Andy, if this relates to a specific issue you have, then if you explain we might be able to comment better?

The FCA CONC is reiterating parts s77/8 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 there.

Comment

Basically it means it can be written

The first payment will be due 2 months after the date you take delivery of the vehicle.
              rather than

Your first payment will be due on 3/5/15
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X