• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA CCA Request Response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA CCA Request Response

Hi All

Received a response from MBNA/Idem re my CCA requests. Looks like one is an online application as only a tick box and the other is signed by yours truly. I have two accounts with MBNA (virgin and MBNA)

They have sent a copy of the signed agreement, PT and statement of account. One thing that is apparent is the default charge on one of the documents states £0 and the original states £12. The second account states £0 on the new and £25 on the old.

Is this down to the fact that they can change apr and charges rates when they like or is there something going on here?
    Tags: None

Re: MBNA CCA Request Response

Originally posted by DJM10118 View Post
    Hi All

Received a response from MBNA/Idem re my CCA requests. Looks like one is an online application as only a tick box and the other is signed by yours truly. I have two accounts with MBNA (virgin and MBNA)
    Did you actually apply online? Can you recall anything about the time you applied for the card? When did you apply?

If you apply online BEFORE Jan 2005, they should still have sent an agreement to sign. After that, a tick box is good enough for internet applications.

They have sent a copy of the signed agreement, PT and statement of account. One thing that is apparent is the default charge on one of the documents states £0 and the original states £12. The second account states £0 on the new and £25 on the old.

Is this down to the fact that they can change apr and charges rates when they like or is there something going on here?
    Any chance of posting that up? :typing:

Comment

Hi FP,

unfortunately the online application was 12/01/2006.

I will get them posted up later

Comment

Any comments on whether the attached can be deemed UE?

Comment

Morning, that's a lot of docs, will take a look xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

MBNA taken out in November 2007 (on paper) Copy of original agreement and reconstructed terms. £12 default charges at inception. £0 default charges current.

Check the current default charges are £0 but all looks okay.

Online line one everything is there. Old default charges were £25 in 2006 (they changed to £12 during end 2006) so that's right. New default charges £0 again.

Soz I think you're all enforceable there (pending the £0 default charges query)
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

MBNA do still have £12 charges.

Are both these cards defaulted?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

Thanks for taking a look at these docs. I have been on an AR since early 2009 on both accounts with 0% interest. I wondered if the £0 default was standard practice for an account with an AR?

not defaulted though

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

Thanks for taking a look at these docs. I have been on an AR since early 2009 on both accounts with 0% interest. I wondered if the £0 default was standard practice for an account with an AR?

not defaulted though

Okay - does the interest rate in the current terms reflect the AR as well as the default charges ? Did they give you new terms when you started the AR ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

As far as I can see no they are different. For instance

Account Nov 2007
                    Orig 15.9% £12 default charge
                    New 29.9% £0 default charge

Online Account Jan 2006
                    Orig 15.9% £25 default charge
                    New 34.9% £0 default charge

Hope this helps a little

Comment

I did receive a letter in Feb 2009 stating that "the interest has been reduced to 0% per annum and late and over limited fees have been suppressed"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X