• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

court hearing tomorrow morning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court hearing tomorrow morning

Hey I really hope someone can help me. I have a court hearing tomorrow regarding my car . I got a conditional car financd three years ago on my car. I have 11 months left but a year ago i went to court and the orddr was suspended as we can came to an agreement moneybarn and i . Anyway another year has gone by and i was late a few times last year but had legitamate reasons with evidence. They suddenly said i was in arrears by £1000 even though one of those paymengs was 5 months ago and now they tell me i go tp the bank to sort out offered to pay most of the arrears short of a small amount which i offered to pay at the end of the month withmy contractual payment . They refused this offer plus three more in writing saying they will come for the car wigh order. I have been worried sick in bed seven months pregnant thinking a bailiff is coming so i took advice and paid £40 for a n425 form to suspend them takjng the car the judge has set up hearimg which is tomorrow yo hear both sides. What I am worried about is what they have up there sleeve to be so confident to still go to court with me over £100 in arears and why they would refuse my offers . Not offering to pay less but more on top of my usual payments.

Help!
    Tags: None

Re: court hearing tomorrow morning

Hi Shell

How much did you pay up and how much more is owing that you offered to pay at the end of Feb along with your contractual payment?

Have you entered any documentation to the court for the hearing ?

What was the agreement you came to ?

Have they shown you how the £1000 arrears is made up ?

Do you have evidence of payments you have made to them to date since the suspension of the order - if you can print out bank statements showing payments that would be ideal - and list all payments, dates and amounts on one sheet of paper - then you have it to refer to and to show the Judge if moneybarn fib a bit about how much your arrears are.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hey ,

I have paid £900 of the arrears there is only £170 left go paythen my contractual payment of £210 at the end of the month. I also paid my contractual payment at fye end of january so I was not behind. Thencourt has one letter of refusal from moneybarn alobg with my letter explaining why i had to fill out a n425 form in ghe first place.

I now have ready for tomorrow evidence that i have paid all the arears apart from the £170 plus more refusals to except my offer of the measly £170 . They still want to go to court cas they said my conduct is unaccepatable on tye account even though I have medical evidence plus bank eveidence from ghe fruad department to why three of my cheques bounced ! The best part is one of those chdques was from last august and yhey decided to ket me know in january 5 months later ! Not before not a letter or anything ! Just gave me days to oay up! Whn i offered to oay fhat week minus one payment ghey refused and said no we ade coming for the car with the court order.

Hope that explains a little more . Sorry for going on just very stressed after theghousands of pounds i have oaid into that car which i need for my job family

Comment

Sorry for very bad spelling and grammer trying to type to quick !

Comment

Go on as much as you like

How much is outstanding on the full agreement ? Is is around £2310 plus the £170 arrears which you are paying at £210 a month (plus an extra £170 at the end of Feb to bring it back up to date).

Is £210 the amount you agreed with moneybarn to pay off previous arrears that led to the initial court order ?

Hopefully the court will see you have been trying to sort things out and that the missed payments were for good reason out of your hands and you should be okay.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yes to the first question . yes the 210 was what we agreed from last year in court before we went in to see the judge. Have yiu heard of this before or never reached this far with the court.?

Comment

How did you get on this morning ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X