• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC DG Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HSBC DG Solicitors

Hi Barton

Yes definitely keep us up to date on this.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Thanks Barton

Keep us updated

Comment

Gordon

Just one last thing to make sure I have done this right I sent all documents to the court

I sent all documents except N244 and Unless order to DG Solicitors Is this correct?

Comment

I sent all documents except N244 and Unless order to DG Solicitors Is this correct?
          I think you need to send the exact same to DG (if you send them anything at all)as you sent to the court which would include N244 and Unless order, as I suspect DG could maybe claim you are trying to misslead/not inform/ etc

BUT

I am unsure if you need to send anything to DG as this is an application to the court you are making

Could someone clarify this for Barton please as I am totaly unsure of this

Comment

Morning all,

In my humble opnion, it is vital to send the Solicitors EXACTLY the same documents that are sent to the Court.

That way no-one can argue that they have not received the information.

Best wishes everyone,

Dougal

ps: It is said that a Tidal wave starts with a tiny ripple on the surface.......

Comment

Yes send a copie of the documents to both the court and the solicitors.

P.s. would love to have been in the solicitors office just to see their jaws drop when they read the documents lol.
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Thanks Guys

P.s. would love to have been in the solicitors office just to see their jaws drop when they read the documents lol.
                That makes 2 of us then

Can just imagine the starting convo

"WTF"

PMSL

Comment

Originally posted by Gorang View Post
                  Thanks Guys

That makes 2 of us then

Can just imagine the starting convo

"WTF"

PMSL
                  lol yeah and i bet that same sentence would end with OHH F**K lol

Comment

PMSL Yeah I think youd be right LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Gorang View Post
                      Amended Defence and N244 ready to be checked

Barton you could start putting all of your attachments together, and if there are any that you can't find then please just shout
                      I would suggest that paragraph 7 be changed, as it seems not to make complete sense. Rather than just stating:
                      The Defendant avers that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 60(1)(b) (attachment xx) clearly states
                      (b) the amount and rate of the total charge for credit (in the case of a consumer credit agreement),
                      ... it would be better to state:
                      The Defendant avers that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 60(1)(b) (attachment xx) clearly states
                      The Secretary of State shall make regulations as to the form and content of documents embodying regulated agreements, and the regulations shall contain such provisions as appear to him appropriate with a view to ensuring that the debtor or hirer is made aware of—
                      (a)the rights and duties conferred or imposed on him by the agreement,
                      (b)the amount and rate of the total charge for credit (in the case of a consumer credit agreement),
                      ... and then to aver that the claimant had not complied with those regulations in the case of a running credit account, where the credit limit must be stated by the creditor.

Paragraph 8 contains a minor typo:
                      As the claimants' counsel is in fact a solicitor the defendant believes the claimants' counsel is clearly trying to mislead the defendant into thinking that the amount of credit is not applicable to running-account credit
                      That could be further amended to read:
                      As the claimants' counsel is in fact a solicitor the defendant believes the claimants' counsel is clearly trying to mislead the defendant into thinking that the amount of credit or the limit of credit is not applicable to running-account credit
                      Still, it's been sent now; it shouldn't make much difference and the point about the defective default notice is clear enough.
                      Last edited by CleverClogs; 20th October 2011, 08:53:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal16T View Post
                        I am a bit of an interloper here (Dougal v HSBC refers), but DG are one of the biggest shower of shish kebabs (putting it politely!) I have ever known.
                        Should such shish kebabs be:
                        1. roasted
                        2. grilled
                        3. or just thrown away as unfit for any purpose?

Comment

Again thanks for your help.

The only document that I did not copy to the solicitor is the completed N244 and unless order.

Should I send it to them now or just let the court inform them?

Comment

Originally posted by Barton99 View Post
                            Again thanks for your help.

The only document that I did not copy to the solicitor is the completed N244 and unless order.

Should I send it to them now or just let the court inform them?
                            With Solicitors (D.G.) I would cover your tracks, send them a copy Recorded Delivery and copy signature receipt on Royal Mail Site, proof of posting is not proof of delivery.

Comment

I'd send it by Special Delivery - the tracking is better and there is no additional charge to obtain a certificate of delivery - link - which may be better evidence than a self-printed EPOD receipt - link.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                                With Solicitors (D.G.) I would cover your tracks, send them a copy Recorded Delivery and copy signature receipt on Royal Mail Site, proof of posting is not proof of delivery.

Evening all,

This is EXCELLENT ADVICE. Make sure you follow it!!

DG are more slippery than a snake in oil....and yes they should be roasted but only over a very HOT fire, and extremely slowly.......

Best wishes to all,

Dougal

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X