• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GMAC switching to New Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMAC switching to New Name

I have received a letter today from my mortgage provider/company GMAC who have advised me that they have now changed their name to Paratus AMC Limited.

Has anyone else had a letter like this and I have not seen any news about this anywhere that GMAC have changed their name?
    Tags: None

Re: GMAC switching to New Name

Yes I have one dated 31/01/11. My mortgage running from 2004 with perfect payment history.

Comment

GMAC no longer media friendly? lol

Comment

Thanks MM & ED,...........does that mean just the name of GMAC has changed and not the agreements? I assume this does not make any difference to us customers apart from having to change direct debit details?

Comment

Paratus AMC Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. The information provided on this Website is for the use by people who are resident and ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom only. To help us improve our service, we may record or monitor phone calls. Paratus AMC Limited, No.5 Arlington Square, Bracknell, RG12 1WA. Registered in England with Company No. 3489004

Home - Paratus AMC

One other person has posted about it (unless thats you too lol) Mortgage Provider GMAC have changed their name!!

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

A quick check on the companies house website reveals that they havnt changed their name, but are in fact two separate companies. Why would you change your name ayway?? And to something so catchy! Something fishy going on here no doubt!!
            Last edited by moatmeister; 12th February 2011, 22:31:PM.

Comment

the GM part of GMAC is general motors, the car company which took a double hit at the peak of the recession, as 2nd tier lenders they carried a load of toxic debts and with the slump in the automotive industry revenues were slashed.
              This is probably just a part of reorganisiation, and might be a good sign that you have been shifted to a profit making wing of the organisiation. (obviously if you guys pay on time regularly then they profit from it lol)

I wouldnt worry about it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X