• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CAREY v HSBC - CCA Judgments 23rd Dec - re recreated docs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CAREY v HSBC - CCA Judgments 23rd Dec - re recreated docs

[Quote]:
    6. Also Reg. 7 of Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 makes further provision in respect of copies where the agreement has been varied under the heading “Copies of agreements or security instruments where the agreement or security instrument has been varied”“

(1) Where an agreement has been varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act, every copy of the executed agreement given to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act other than section 85(1) shall include either—
    i. an easily legible copy of the latest notice of variation given in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act relating to each discrete term of the agreement which has been varied; or
    ii. an easily legible statement of the terms of the agreement as varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act”.

7. Judge Waksman discusses this as:

69. “If an agreement has been varied by the creditor under a unilateral power of variation, is a copy of the executed agreement as varied, a sufficient copy for the purposes of section 78(1), or must the creditor provide a copy of the original agreement as well?”

and after lengthy argument, concludes:

108. Accordingly, I conclude that Reg. 7 requires a copy of the executed agreement in its original form as well as a statement of the terms as they are at the time of the request. [End Quote]

In respect of regulation 7 which states;

7(1) Where an agreement has been varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act, every copy of the executed agreement given to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act other than section 85(1) shall include either -

a) an easily legible copy of the latest notice of variation given in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act relating to each discrete term of the agreement which has been varied;

or

b) an easily legible statement of the terms of the agreement as varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act.

"We" are of the opinion that reg 7 refers to a copy of the executed agreement and that sub sections a) or b) are in addition to this and not any alternative to sending the "actual executed agreement".

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
      "We" are of the opinion that reg 7 refers to a copy of the executed agreement and that sub sections a) or b) are in addition to this and not any alternative to sending the "actual executed agreement".
      AC - where does this come from, please?
      They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Consumer Credit Support - View Single Post - What do you think about the recent court ruling?
        or
        Dissecting the Manchester Test Case....

Assume B3rty is Boudicca ? or maybe Angry Cat is Boudicca and B3rty copied her post....I lose track of such things tho lol.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Consumer Credit Support - View Single Post - What do you think about the recent court ruling?
          or
          Dissecting the Manchester Test Case....

Assume B3rty is Boudicca ? or maybe Angry Cat is Boudicca and B3rty copied her post....I lose track of such things tho lol.
          My first post on these forums.... :-)

That last thread (above) is mine, posted on the other side some time ago.... yet there's still some really naff advice being offered over there in relation to CCA 1974 :eek2:

Creditors/DCAs have latched onto Carey, The Rankines, etc in the hope that none of us really know the difference between claimants and defendants. As a Claimant, the burden of proof is yours. As a Defendant it isn't.... so the chances of losing as Claimaint are therefore much higher if you bring action against a creditor. That's why they quote those cases....

Seems all the old school from the other side are now over here..... probably where I should be..... nice to see some familiar names!!

Remember the mantra :
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.
          Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

The following have all backed off/lost the battle:

A & L PLC; A & L Finance Ltd; Global Debt Management Services Ltd; Shoosmiths (solicitors); Fenton Cooper; Mack Hall; Moorcroft x2; HFC; Barclaycard; Mercers; The Lewis Group; CL Finance; Cabot; M&S Financial Services, Triton, Green & Co. (solicitors)....

F&F settlement of a £52K ex-repossession shortfall... and now own my home once again....

Currently dealing with Tesco (RBS) & Moorcroft for the 3rd time.... lucky, lucky me!!! .... :-)

Life is like a game of Chess.... watch the enemy, defend yourself against aggressive manouvres and when in doubt, move a pawn....

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
            My first post on these forums.... :-)

That last thread (above) is mine, posted on the other side some time ago.... yet there's still some really naff advice being offered over there in relation to CCA 1974 :eek2:

Creditors/DCAs have latched onto Carey, The Rankines, etc in the hope that none of us really know the difference between claimants and defendants. As a Claimant, the burden of proof is yours. As a Defendant it isn't.... so the chances of losing as Claimaint are therefore much higher if you bring action against a creditor. That's why they quote those cases....

Seems all the old school from the other side are now over here..... probably where I should be..... nice to see some familiar names!!

Welcome aboard P1
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

PriorityOne,

Welcome to LB, I'm sure you will be a great asset to this site as you was OTR.

PF
              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I hope so..... once I've learned how to navigate around here.... lol! :-)
                Remember the mantra :

A & L PLC; A & L Finance Ltd; Global Debt Management Services Ltd; Shoosmiths (solicitors); Fenton Cooper; Mack Hall; Moorcroft x2; HFC; Barclaycard; Mercers; The Lewis Group; CL Finance; Cabot; M&S Financial Services, Triton, Green & Co. (solicitors)....

F&F settlement of a £52K ex-repossession shortfall... and now own my home once again....

Currently dealing with Tesco (RBS) & Moorcroft for the 3rd time.... lucky, lucky me!!! .... :-)

Life is like a game of Chess.... watch the enemy, defend yourself against aggressive manouvres and when in doubt, move a pawn....

Comment

It is really not much different to the old CAG

sigpic

Comment

I can't find how to make a signature..... major senior moment..... lol!
                    Remember the mantra :

Comment

Turboman is the guy you want he helped me with mine and I still do not know how lol

Do you have an image if so ill give him a shout as he has a thread on it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        Turboman is the guy you want he helped me with mine and I still do not know how lol

Do you have an image if so ill give him a shout as he has a thread on it.
                        No worries Pompey but thank you anyway.... I'll work something out when I have more time. Thought it was me going senile.... lol x
                        Remember the mantra :

Comment

I've just pm'ed him anyway lol he will send you a link.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                            I've just pm'ed him anyway lol he will send you a link.
                            Thank you.... :-)
                            Remember the mantra :

Comment

Blimey, hello P1.
                              Long time ...

I've PM'd you details on siggie and stuff..

Comment

Aha..... done it!! Got my signature!! Might not show on here but I've got it on my profile... :-)

Sorry for hijacking though!! :-/

It's showing!!.... lol!! OMG... I'm such a kid..... lol!
                                Last edited by PriorityOne; 17th January 2011, 21:41:PM. Reason: signature!! lol
                                Remember the mantra :

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X