• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Seeking Advice Regarding Unenforceable Debts and next steps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice Regarding Unenforceable Debts and next steps

Hi everyone,

Long story short, I ended up in a pretty tough spot with 5 CCs and a repayment to my ex-employer for training fees and relocation support fees leaving me heavily in debt (£15k to my ex-employer and £25k to creditors). Bankruptcy is/was not an option due to my line of work.

I defaulted on 4 of those CCs.

I later received letters from Link Financial and PRA stating that they now owned the debts (the amounts owed were slightly lower than the amount owed to the original creditor), the letters had NoA attached as well (this was all sent as regular post, not tracked/recorded/signed for).

I sent a CCA s77-79 for each of these CC debts and have received two responses stating the debts are unenforceable, as they have no proof of the CCAs. I am awaiting responses for the other two (12 days have passed).

So my question is, as the NoAs were not delivered correctly, I haven't acknowledged receiving them and the two debts are unenforceable can I request the defaults be removed for those two debts?

If not, what are my next steps?

To clarify all of the debts along with the ex-employer debt are in a DMP managed by StepChange, who automatically changed the owner of the debts to Link Financial and PRA.

I would like to try to focus on paying down the debt with ex-employer and the last CC still with the original creditor if possible.

Thanks in advance,

EM
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X