• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Paid but Very not closing the Account?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Paid but Very not closing the Account?

Hi.

I defaulted on my Very account and was told it would go to a CCJ. I explained I couldn't have that if possible due to my Job. Lowell came up with an idea of a Tomlin order (never heard of it) to stop that happening it would have to be signed and sent back. Some time since passed, and I never received a Tomlin order, so I got in touch and they agreed to make sure it was sent out. I never received it, only a letter saying a Tomlin Order was enclosed (You guessed it; no Tomlin order attached to the letter!) I queried this with an email as proof to leave a paper trail and still heard nothing.

Only when I went back through the payments that I'd made every month, there was a £100+ attached as costs for a Tomlin order which I'd never received and they definitely didn't get back signed.

So eventually a CCJ went out. I have this year, 2 years later, managed to clear the CCJ of 2700 and is now Satisfied on my CRA. I rang Very asking if they would close the account and they said they can't so there's a balance outstanding of £2900.

So I'm just a bit confused if I don't have the account anymore, it has been paid/settled via the CCJ from my end as to why it won't be settled.
    ​​​​​​Or does this just remain defaulted and open on my account till 6 years passes?

Also is it worth querying the charges for a Tomlin order which they definitely won't have on file as being signed for.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

I'm no expert, however, firstly I would find out what a "tomlin order" is as that sounds a little suspect, ie you signed for something but did you read it ?

If your CR shows as clean then why not ask them to prove that you still have a debt ? you mention you managed to clear the debt, did you get a final payment letter ? what is the £2900 for then ?

If its defaulted / open then surely that implies you haven't paid it off ?

Here is a WIKI link to Tomlin order, pinch of salt as it is wiki... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomlin_order

Comment

last Decembers item nothing input since. anybody not know tomlin order google it perfect;y legal process

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X