• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Save for Next Christmas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Save for Next Christmas

My latest brilliant brainwave should save me about 100 quid a year, I reckon, although it will be money not going out of the bank, rather than into a savings tin...

I've already turned my heating down by a degree, and close doors and windows etc to keep the heat in. Then I suddenly realised that, forever, my heating has been coming on at 6.30am-9am, then again from 3.30pm (when the kids get in from school) till 10pm. Only problem is, no-one now gets up before 7.45am, and my youngest left school a year ago, and has now started fulltime work. So no-one is ever in the house before 6pm earliest. So have reset the heating timer to 7.00am-8.00am, and 5.30pm-9pm, which means it's only on now for 4.5 hours intead of 9 hours a day. Technically that should cut my gas bills in half, although realistically will probably be less than that, but allowing for if we ever have any hot weather I'll turn it off completely, I reckon it will make a big difference. Will have to wait till my next bill to see what sort of difference it makes, but will keep you posted.

Electricity has just been reviewed and has gone done by £4per month, not a lot but it all helps.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Re: Save for Next Christmas

soooo..........I have all but given up on the small change saving, have been so skint that I have spent it before it gets into the savings jar. Oh well.

On the bright side, I still do the surveys, and have accumulated about £70 worth of points/vouchers etc, as well as some trials samples which have come in very handy as they have been large boxes of laundry powder, which has cut down on me having to buy it.
      Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X