• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Make your own garden lights x

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your own garden lights x

I will be making these I think they are really cute and I have loads of glass jars lying around x

How to...

make glass jar lanterns

You will need:

• Glass jars
    • Card
    • Sticky-backed plastic
    • Glass-frosting spray
    • Tea lights

Overview

Made from recycled glass jars, frosted with spray, these pretty garden lanterns are a cheap and easy way to give your garden a magical feel. Keep the design as simple as possible as this makes it easier to cut out the design and to remove the plastic after you've finished spraying.

• Do it:

anytime
    • Takes just:

20 minutes

How to do it

1. Make a template out of card and use it to draw on the reverse side of the sticky-backed plastic. Cut out the plastic shapes and carefully stick them on to clean glass jars.
    2. Spray the jars quickly and evenly with the frosting spray. Once fully dry, carefully remove the plastic to reveal the clear glass shapes.

"Keep your fingers safe by using tapers to fire up the tea lights, as they can be difficult to reach with just a match."
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Re: Make your own garden lights x

Thats an excellent idea hun, post up some piccies when you've done please.

Comment

BRILL IDEA MACHO

might get kids to make some next week

probably not with forsting spray and proper paper stuff like but will have an inspiration lol
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

just showed my daughter and she thought it was a lovely idea for our garden .

thanks
        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

A fab alternative to the ever popular solar lights, that I do believe need sunshine to enable them to light up lol.

Comment

Re: Make your own garden lights

Nice one.

Comment

I did the same type of thing a couple of weeks ago for Tony's 40th birthday bbq bash, as we have loads of coffee jars hanging about at work. Easy to do and dirt cheap. If you can't do stencils then you could just use masking tape to create a pattern on the glass then peel it off afterwards.

You can also use the same idea to make vases from wine bottles, I find the Paul Masson bottles are a good shape.
              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X