• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fendy -v- HSBC (Old Midland Bank Account)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well im trying to get my statements with my old midland account back in my uni days.....in 1998!!!!

i know i will have charges on there coz students are c...p with money! :rolleyes:

Comment

Well dont hold ya breath Xena. Ive hit a brick wall and cant go any further with this one until I can get evidence that

a) they can find my account number going back so far
      b) that they are able to access info going that far back.

Until that date, Im up the swanneeeee on this one. So will hover until such a date in future when somebody can prove they can get info that far back. I hate to admit on this one, but so far, Im beaten. Sent em a letter stating I want a signed letter from their data controller to say they dont hold info going this far back. Received reply today saying they have no legal obligation to provide this. Nowhere in Data Protection act etc does it say they have to do this, SO THEY WONT. So brick wall it is on this one. I HATE HAVING TO ADMIT DEFEAT. But yes, on this one, I am beat. So far............... Fendy xxx

But who knows what might happen in future. xxx
      Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
      Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
      Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
      Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
      Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
      Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
      Natwest round 2
      Abbey Round 2
      Yorkshire Bank round 1
      A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Comment

It may not say in the DPA that they have to provide this info but nor does it say their obligation is limited to providing 6 years info, it states all information held on you as the data subject., having said that, not sure how you would prove they do have it?

They are applying this 6 year milarky to everything that suits them, DPA, CRA's, charges - winds me up!!!

Comment

Re: Fendy -v- HSBC (Old Midland Bank Account)

Still brick wall on this. Nothing to go on at all. Received letter from them saying they are under no obligation whatsoever to provide written statement from their data controller to say they dont hold records going back any further. They just say they dispose of the info with care as they should blah blah blah, and that they wont give me info going back 20 years on this account as I dont even have the account number.

So deffo brick wall on this now, until somebody can prove they do keep info going back that long. Damn................... I hate being beaten.

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
          Natwest round 2
          Abbey Round 2
          Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

How about a sit down protest in one of the local HSBC branches?

Comment

Lol Lol, dont make me laugh Tanz Mr. Gurny man, this is meant to be a serious process. Like I said once somewhere over the road, I would personally stick fruit and feathers in every orifice I posess and swan naked through the bank in front of the manager if it would get me my bl**dy info............................. or even streak, heck, that would be a traffic stopper and no customer could fail to notice the commotion then. But will it get me my info, the bl**dy HSBC tell me not, not even on microfiche. Ejits.............. Lol xxxxxx

Now Gunning for
              Natwest round 2
              Abbey Round 2
              Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

I don't know what to suggest, remind me have you done the ICO complaint route?

Comment

Not yet, not on this one. But on account of the account is approx, 20 years old, I doubt the ICO would even get involved Tanz. And I havent even got the account number Tanz. It was an old Midland Vector account. The galling thing is that I knew there would be a least a couple of thousand in charges on it. Thats the annoying bit. But what can I do. Nada. ??

I dont have account number, it was operation from about 1986 to 1994 when I closed it. And my branch has since closed down and building demolished, so not a lot I can do I feel. And I just think ICO would say its from too long ago to get involved.

NVM, if anybody can think of another way of tackling this one, then please feel free to fire away, Im open to any ideas at all. Fendy xxxxxxxx

Ta though Mr. Gurny Man. x

Now Gunning for
                  Natwest round 2
                  Abbey Round 2
                  Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Try Asking In Another Branch You Might Strike Lucky.

Comment

Any news on this Fendy???

Comment

Hiya Xena, nah hun, I hit stalemate on this. I even wrote to banking ombudsman and enlisted their help but in the end HSBC replied to both me and BO to say they dont keep records going back beyond 6 years and so I had to accept that the BO said. As I couldnt prove that they kept them any longer. All I could say was I knew somebody that had got them from further back than that, but that was all, BO said that didnt constitute that they did keep them any longer. Pity cos I know I had another couple of thousand in charges from an old Vector account from about 1983 to 1990 something like that. But if anything comes to light in future to help me dig this one up again, then of course, I will............................. but for now.......... DEAD END XENA. Sorry..................... Fendy xxx I hate admitting when Im beat on something. Dont you ?? but exhausted every avenue I can think of on this one for now.

Now Gunning for
                        Natwest round 2
                        Abbey Round 2
                        Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X