• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fendy -v- HSBC (Old Midland Bank Account)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fendy -v- HSBC (Old Midland Bank Account)

Sent SAR on 25th April to HSBC Bank. Basically asking for everything on my old account. I had it some 22 years ago and closed it about 16 years ago. I had tons of charges on it, but I couldnt remember my account number. The branch I used to bank with has since closed so couldnt get any joy about getting account number from there. So sent off SAR giving HSBC as much info about me as possible, i.e. old name, old address, date of birth, new married name, new address, date of marriage, etc. etc. and then received nothing, till last day of SAR, i.e. today. Received letter stating.

Dear Mr & Mrs Weather (not real names obviously),
    Thank you for your request with regard to information about transactions and charges on your account.

Unfortunately HSBC only holds this information in the format of bank statements for a period of six years. Our records have indicated that your account was closed over six years ago. As a result, we are unable to supply you wiith the information you have requested. In order to protect your security, we have destroyed the cheque you sent to us, on the banks premises.

Should you have any further queries regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

A Harries
    Centre Manager

So peepies, where does that leave me............ Can I do anything with this or not ??? What say you ??? who have already gone before, lol xxxx
    Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
    Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
    Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
    Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
    Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
    Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
    Natwest round 2
    Abbey Round 2
    Yorkshire Bank round 1
    A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

they say they only hold info for 6 years "in the form of bank statements". write back and ask them what other form they hold records in.

it may be that they still hold the transactional data but in a different format and are just being pedantic.

I havent come across anyone yet who has managed to get info from HSBC older than 6 years but I know they do use microfiche. I wonder what they actually do store on microfiche, 'cos you can get 6 years of statements instantly online, so it seems they must be archiving older stuff.

Comment

I will, but if anybody finds any way of getting hold of info going back further than 6 years, please let me know because I reckon off top of my head an estimate of charges is gonna be somewhere between £4thousand and £10 thousand. I know it was a lot. An awful lot, and I dont really wanna lose the dosh. So donation for anybody who can help me get past first post on this one, Seriously. And a financial one too, Lol xxxx

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
      Natwest round 2
      Abbey Round 2
      Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Fendy, I will very shortly be doing a Court thingy to get my info from HSBC, based on a letter I have from them (back in 1996) in which they sent me a copy statement "on fiche". So I can prove they do microfiche, although I can't prove they keep it.
        If I get a favourable response I shall be shouting loud and clear, for everyone to hear.
        Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
        Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
        HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

Oooooh Peed orf. Please do wont ya. I would love to be able to wipe the smiles off their faces by getting the info I need to start a claim, cos I know the charges will be whoppers...................... and better in my bank than theirs............... lol lol. Seriously if you manage to get hold of anything, then please let me know so I can pursue on the same basis. Many thanks........... Fendy xxxxx

Now Gunning for
          Natwest round 2
          Abbey Round 2
          Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Did you include words to this effect in your request?

If you do not hold personal data beyond 6 years, I would like a signed declaration from your data controller and a copy of all documents pertaining to the secure disposal of all documents relating to my account.
            If not, you might want to ask the question now.

Comment

Ooooh no I didnt. I will try that today. Ooooooh thanks Iancognito. Star gal. Thanks. Fendy xxxxx

Now Gunning for
              Natwest round 2
              Abbey Round 2
              Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Fendy I would also ask to see their Data Retention Policy, they may not give it to you, but worth a go. Also as mentioned above ask for the info in any other format, they will no doubt have this in their accounting records.

Comment

Okies peeps, thanks Tanz above, Mr. Gurny man, lol lol lol xxxxxxxx sent letter recorded again basically saying I would accept any information, ie. statements, copy of my entire file as per FULL SAR REQUEST in whatever format they may have it on, whether this is paper, michrofiche, whatever. Also included bit in the letter about DATA RETENTION POLICY, and could I see a copy of it. As per Tanz suggested above, so winging it way to HSBC, lets see what happens now............ Yeeeee hey, the lordeeee loves a tryer, so my Daddy always used to tell me......... Lol Lol Lol xxx

Now Gunning for
                  Natwest round 2
                  Abbey Round 2
                  Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Go Get Um Fendy

Comment

IM trying Tanz, Im trying...................... I really am. Fendy xxxx

Now Gunning for
                      Natwest round 2
                      Abbey Round 2
                      Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

FWIW

I am going to be serving a LBA on GHSBC for an onld Midland account i had.

My story so far, found some statements so sent of a SAR.

Got letter from HSBC saying they cant verify my signature so can i go to the bank.

I go, they nice lady shows me a copy of the agreement on their computer system, cant remember when the account was openend and closed but since it was a joint account with my ex and we have been seperated since 1997 i guess it was over ten years ago.

They have now written to me saying they have no trace of my account.

The moral is they do hold some data for old records, for certain, at l3east agreements.

They shouldnt write porkies because they have now been found out and i will base my claim on the fact i have seen my old agreement on their system.

HTH

Glenn

PS of course it isnt transactional data or statements but it does suggest they do have historical records.

Comment

Ooooooh those giant verbal poopy monsters. How dare they ???

Now Gunning for
                          Natwest round 2
                          Abbey Round 2
                          Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Did you get a copy of your agreement from them Glenn along with T&Cs?

Comment

Tanz

Nope i sent them a sar and so far have received nothing.

But i have seen with my own eyes a copy of the original agreement along with both mine and my ex's signatures.

Glenn

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X