• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Please.!!! ~~SETTLED!~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul9803 View Post
    Hi , Amy , did it delay the claim alot ?.
    The claim was already delayed because they refused to respond to even one single letter. It would, of course, have been much better if they had entered a defence, etc, but they did not.

So, you really are left with no option other than to enter Judgement.

Comment

Its always worth phoning them IME.

Ive done multiple claims - and when Ive hit a sticky bit of a slow part - ive got on the blower.

Nationwide have been good in the past - so it maybe worth your while.

Good Luck

Comment

WOW . _HOLD THE FRONT PAGE ....

I've just checked MCOL and my status has changed from issued to Defence.
        So that must be better than having to hit the judgement button , right??
        So how long do they have to reply to the defence .??

Comment

Paul see my post Scarlet Vrs them All, esp the bit about Nationwide & their defences.

Lets see if they true to form!

Comment

Thanks Scarlet .

Comment

Hi All , I rang the court today and they said that my case was still with them at Northampton , they said that a defence had been filed by Nationwide and that a copy of this had been posted to me . When i receive this copy , i have to read and decide what action to take and let the court know my decision . If i decide to proceed , then the case will be sent to local court .
              Is this the standard proceedure or am i being delayed yet again ????
              Am a bit worried having not seen any mention of this action anywhere else.

Any ideas ???

Comment

Hi paul, my claim was tranferred last week and they paid up today!!..hopefully you wont have to wait too long xx
                Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

Well done Lori xxx

Comment

AHHHH , WELL DONE LORI ,
                    That makes me feel alot better.
                    Did you pass your exams ?.x

Comment

Thanks Deller .

Comment

Hi Paul9803 & Amy

I've filed last week on Nationwide-not been thro the court cycle yet so don't understand all the tactics etc..(but Barclaycard will be first one (assuming I don't get caught up in the Hull SAGA)).

Could you please explain to me why you would prefer not to go for Judgement once the period has expired for the bank to raise a defence?

I thought the tactic was to file for judgement on the 29th day after Deemed Served if no defence submitted?

Turbo

Comment

Tactics re Judgement

Thanks Deller

So is there an accepted "no of days" which might be ok?

Turbo

Comment

Hi Turboman , From what i read and was told , filing judgement delays the claim longer with more letters to write and steps to take ( and thats not including if the defendant puts in a late defence , then it all goes on hold ) . So i have pushed for a defence as most other cases seem to have got a defence and then been paid .

I had notice of issue from them and then nothing , no acknowledgement not a thing . The day for judgement came , so i gave them a couple of more days then sent them a nudge letter saying i would give them a further 7 days to pay or defend ( just in case they had misplaced my file !!! ). A week later a got a response saying tuff poo , but the same day on MCOL my status changed from issued to defended , which as i see it is progress .
                            Hope this makes sense .!!!!!

Comment

Hi Paul, hopefully you wont have to wait too long now, i think you were only a couple of days behind me and i was refunded yesterday, fingers crossed for you xx
                              Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP ,

Money in the bank today £1302.00. refunded.

There is hope for everyone !!!!!!!!

Thanks to all that helped . Now, about that holiday !!!!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X