• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Peed 'orf v Nat West no 2.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody hell, have you added a couple of zero's to the interest rate?

Comment

Thats a big lot of interest!!!!! Makes going for CI seem all the more worthwhile, methinks. Do you reckon they'll cough up in the 8 weeks timescale lol??
      Is no longer here

Comment

I don't think they'll cough up at all.

Comment

tis not right that is it?????????

Comment

Originally posted by peed 'orf View Post
            Right, finished totting up. Info I've got, over 2 accounts gives me £305.50 charges. And I'll add the charges they left off my 1st claim + CI gives me a total claim of............£6.5k
            I suggest you pay very close attention to the arguments laid out on this thread. You must read both the for and against and think very carefully about bringing this claim for such a sum based on such a premise.

Read from post #12 onwards http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...on-c-card.html and think long and hard before actually filing a claim.

Comment

both sides of the agruement have merit, however proving we could have earnt 29.9% on the unlawfully taken money, imo could be done by Arguing the fact that PO could have earnt say 15% via property development, the rest should be compensation for the inflated interest rate on her mortgage etc, due to the bank defaulting her.
              Also would the fact that the Banks contract with her, is a standard form contract, and at the point of signing it would put the Bank in a dominant or a position of control?
              And seeing as at present the banks are contesting but not going to court, why go for the standard 8%, do you think that it would be imoral Cet?

Comment

Re: Peed 'orf v Nat West no 2.

What's the update on this then?

:beagle:

Comment

Re: Peed 'orf v Nat West no 2.

Only got as far as the LBA stage as I didn’t have the money to put a claim into Court. Now waiting for the outcome of the OFTs case before going any further. :loopy:

These charges from 1997-2000 made it difficult (impossible) to pay various creditors resulting in several defaults and 2 CCJs. We remortgaged to pay off outstading depts. Due to my Credit file the Mortgage company whacked an extra 2% (or more) interest onto the price. So the end of last year when the mortgage payments hit £976 per month, we had to sell. By the time the Estate agent, the Solicitor and those Darned ERCs were paid, we came out with a poxy £6k.:cry: Just enough to buy a Bus, and convert it!
                  Nasty West did put 2 new defaults on my Credit record, which were for the time my account was overdrawn by the charges I was claiming. :argh: With the 2 from Abbey on OHs (for charges) we were unable to negotiate new Mortgage. :angry:

So, I feel CI is more than justified! :gun:
                  Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
                  Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
                  HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X