• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Standingupformyself against ABBEY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I wrote this email................

Reference number *****
    Mrs Standingupformyself

Dear Sir,
    I received a letter from yourself this morning, dated 22.6.07

I would like to draw your attention to the 9th paragraph, and I quote

"As we have cancelled the charges as a gesture of goodwill and not due to an Abbey error, I am unable to alter any information held with a credit reference agency, as this information is factual. It is however unlikely that any adverse information has been registered against you in connection with this matter"

Since receiving this letter, I phoned up the number on the top of the letter (0845 600 6014) and spoke to two people in this department. The first person was very helpful, but unable to look in depth to my query as the computers were "down", he did however agree however that the above paragraph sounded as if my charges were cancelled/reversed and I was due to receive a refund. He advised me to phone back in a while when the system was running correctly again. This I did, and spoke to another adviser, who explained to me my case had been reviewed, I was not going to be offered any gesture of goodwill and the above paragraph was a mistake, that the letters sent out are taken from a template and the statement above was added in error.

I cannot help but think that my case has not been taken seriously as I have received information in the post which has been immediatly contradicted on the telephone.

It is my intent to complain to the OFT about this letter, and I also intend to file at court to settle this matter without any further delay. Obviously this will cost Abbey a further 8%,

I was truly hoping that Abbey would be reasonable about this matter, I had even emailed a few days ago and offered to settle for an amount less than I had initially claimed for, to save time, expense and trouble on both of our parts.

Your reply would be appreciated,

Regards

Comment

just a quickie,

Stonelaughter told me not to email peeps to write letters
      Because letters are seen as far more formal and far more "real" and businesslike. Companies don't tend to ignore letters (and if they do, courts take a dim view of it). Emails however can be claimed to have been "lost in the ether", or "network problems prevented us receiving it" etc etc etc. Under Civil Procedure Rules, a letter is deemed received two days after sending; that is Law and incontrovertible. Currently an email has no such protection of its status so they can legitimately claim never to have received it.
      When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I will send the same letter by hard copy then..... Thanks for the advice xx

Comment

Dont forget to send it by recorded hun...... no deneying then lol

Comment

Hi there,

What is a lawpack?

Comment

Hi Diamond... I have not been through the court system yet, so am not the best person to ask. I suggest you open your own thread in the relevant banks section, people with more know-how than me will be there to help you.
              Good luck
              xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X