• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Standingupformyself against ABBEY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standingupformyself against ABBEY

Hi everyone.
    I am about to send my LBA to Abbey (tomorrow morning) To date I have not had an offer of any sort from them.... Charges on my current account come to £1132. I have another couple claims going through the system, none at court stage yet though. Interesting one with MBNA, one with Barclaycard, small one with Barclays current account, and Nat West offered me a settlement (which I have accepted) last Friday.

hiya

welcome to the site

you will have a fair way to go with Abbey but I expect you already know that

Let us know how you get on.

Ame
    xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, I won against Abbey, keep going with the program, I got an offer after submitting the lba, they settled the full amount 3 days before the court case. When you get the court date submit your law pack very quickly, as others have found doing this, gets the payout quicker. Good luck, and plan what you are going to spend YOUR cash on

Comment

Or you could even negotiate as I did................ its up to you. But either way there are plenty of peeps here to help you. All the very best, but either way you will win. Nice to see you here.

Fendy xxxxx

OOOOOH PROM NIGHT, LOL LOL LOL XXXX
        Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
        Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
        Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
        Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
        Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
        Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
        Natwest round 2
        Abbey Round 2
        Yorkshire Bank round 1
        A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Comment

Prom night indeed..... Just loading some photos onto the computer..... and yes I did cry xxxxx

Comment

Hope all went well standing last night.
            We nebver had anything like prom nights, must be lovely though.

Comment

No, I never had the chance for a prom either. It went really well thank you, she looked lovely, picked her up at midnight and she was exhausted, probably something to do with the stilleto silver sandals!

Comment

Re: Standingupformyself v Abbey Irrational
                Had a letter this morning, presume it was just a standard letter. LBA has run out and I am ready to file at court... but what does this highlighted paragraph mean? I have not received any letter from Abbey, but they mention cancelling my charges... have I won? should I phone them?

Dear Mrs Standingupformyself
                Thank you for your letter dated 25.4.07 about the charges on your bank account, I apologise for the delay in my response. I have now carried out a full investigation on your behalf.

I'm sorry you are unhappy with the charges and I understand you would like these refunded. I can confirm the charges were aplied correctly, as you had insufficent available funds at the time.

I appreciate your feelings on this matter but we are satisfied that the charges do not contravene the unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations 1999. We also comply with the office of fair trading, in dealing fairly and openly with our customers.

When opening your account you were provided with information detailing the ter,s and conditions. We have also sent you regular updates and tariff of charges, which detail the amounts of our charges, I have enclosed a further copy for you.

YOu have requested a breakdown of how our charges are apportioned. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with the specific information you have requested.

I can inform you that the value of a trasaction, which causes you to exceed your agreed overdraft, has no bearing on the amount charged, Should you require details of the specific charges applicable, these are stated in the terms and conditions of your account.

The OFT announcement was in relation to Credit Card default charges and not charges related to other types of account, such as bank accounts. This means our current tariff of charges continues to apply.

You have asked that any default notices against you in connection with the charges applied to your account, can be removed. We are obliged to share this information on how customers run their accounts, to other financial institutions. This is done through regularly updating the credit reference agencies.

As we have cancelled the charges as a GOGW and not due to an Abbey error, I am unable to alter any information held with a credit reference agency, as this information is factual. It is however unlikely that any adverse information has been registered against you in connection with this matter.

Please be assured I have carried out a full investigation for you and I hope you feel I have offered a considered and complete response to all of the issues you've raised. I will keep your file open for the next 8 weeks and if I don't hear from you within that time, I will asuume that everything is resolved and will close your file. If you remain dissatisfied though, the leaflet you'll find with this letter explains your rights and how to take your complaint further within Abbey.

blah blah

Comment

Do you owe them anything standing?

Comment

not a penny, its a closed account. although i think i do still have an instant saver account with them somewhere, with a pound left in it

Comment

It doesn't say returning does it? it just says cancelling
                      i think you will have to ring them, or if you can check if any money has gone into it, mind you if it's closed will you be able to?

Comment

hi standing,

think thats what my letter says off them but would have to check it for you.
                        mistie

Comment

Their computer systems are down this morning, so will phone back after lunch....
                          Just wondering what would happen with this closed account, I do still have 2 Instant Saver Accounts with Abbey, have not been used in years, Do you think they would send me a cheque or pay the money into one of those accounts?

Comment

Originally posted by standingupformyself View Post
                            Just wondering what would happen with this closed account, I do still have 2 Instant Saver Accounts with Abbey, have not been used in years, Do you think they would send me a cheque or pay the money into one of those accounts?
                            they will send u a cheque standing....they did with my closed account.

Comment

UNREAL!!! Have finally got through to them on the phone, apparantly I am not to be offered any GOGW payment, this paragraph on the letter is a mistake !!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X