• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Agnes vs Barclays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agnes vs Barclays

Hello Cetelco, I am new on here, but not to the case. I have been involved since starting my claim in January 2007. I was close to my hearing date of 14 August, and am one of more than 600 claimants who were "blanket stayed" my Judge Hickenbottom in Cardiff County Court. I appealed and attended an oral hearing to uplift the stay, which was refused. I have since then written to my MP, MEP, NWAssembly Rhodri Morgan, MOR, the only one who is effectively interested is Jessica Morden MP who is part of a cross party support group, who believe the OFT has shown unfairness etc.

By the way how do I click to thank you?

Re: Test Case Deal?

You will see a thank you in someones post, at the bottom next to edit and quote just click on.

Comment

Originally posted by agnes View Post
      Hello Cetelco, I am new on here, but not to the case. I have been involved since starting my claim in January 2007. I was close to my hearing date of 14 August, and am one of more than 600 claimants who were "blanket stayed" my Judge Hickenbottom in Cardiff County Court. I appealed and attended an oral hearing to uplift the stay, which was refused. I have since then written to my MP, MEP, NWAssembly Rhodri Morgan, MOR, the only one who is effectively interested is Jessica Morden MP who is part of a cross party support group, who believe the OFT has shown unfairness etc.

By the way how do I click to thank you?
      Hello Agnes

It would be interesting to see those letters and any responses you got, but so as not to hijack this thread, maybe you could post them in a thread of your own?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
        Hello Agnes

It would be interesting to see those letters and any responses you got, but so as not to hijack this thread, maybe you could post them in a thread of your own?

Thank you
        I would be very willilng to post all my info on my own thread if it would be of any use, but may I first point out that I began my claim on the MSE site and then joined in with some good people on the CAG site, it is that site where I have already posted a large amount of my correspondence back from J Morden, etc. and details of what was said during the hour long hearing with Judge Hickenbottom etc. Basically what I am saying is I have just found your site because I have been so wrapped up with the other two, just got back to this after Christmas due to downloading the Protest song. which by the way is creating lots of attention so far.
        What do you think?

Comment

That would be really useful Agnes Good to have you here.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
            You will see a thank you in someones post, at the bottom next to edit and quote just click on.

Where??

Comment

that button
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They are not in your post, they are in whom ever post you want to thank.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

that button

Thanks I know that bit, but they aren't on here?? not on my laptop anyway??

Comment

Originally posted by agnes View Post
                    Thanks I know that bit, but they aren't on here?? not on my laptop anyway??
                    Yes I know that bit as well and it wasn't on cetelco when I wanted to thank. It has appeared now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                      Hello Agnes

Thank you

OK It may take me a little time to get sorted, BUT I will do my best to get it done.

Comment

Thank you agnes , which bank is it and I will transfer these posts across to the right forum.
                        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                          Thank you agnes , which bank is it and I will transfer these posts across to the right forum.
                          Many Thanks Tools, It is Barclays

Comment

Re: Agnes vs Barclays

I received this today, I have emailed my MP You may already be aware of this

Urgent news letter

Test case to be held behind closed doors! Well almost

The OFT/BANKS test case is now due to start on the 16th January. As the Judge has requested two days as reading days. In addition the case It is now to be held in at the International Dispute Resolution Centre at 70 Fleet Street, EC4Y1EU and not at the High Court.

There are only 11 places for press and public. Entry is going to be on a first come first serve basis but it will be divided equally between the public and press.

Passes will be issued separately for morning and afternoon sessions. This will mean that it is going to be impossible for one person whether public or press to get the full picture of the case.

A spokesman from the OFT is alleged to have said that he 'did not realise' the room was only big enough for very few members of the public.

For those who didn't know the test case is taking place to decide whether banks charges are unlawful. If the OFT's case is successful it will result in the bank having to repay billions to millions of there customers.

And remember this all began because Abbey national refused to refunded me £64.00 glad I not in their shoes.

Back to business

Today I have had a meeting with my local MP Mr Gary Street he agrees that the lack of seating for members of the public and the press is a disgrace. He will be raising a motion in parliament on Monday. We ask that all members contact their local MP's A.S.A.P (tonight & tomorrow email them phone them fax them) ask that they support MP Mr Gary Street in his motion.

It is obvious that the OFT/bank are hoping that the case will receive little media attention and that it will just go away we must make sure that this doesn't happen the fight for fair banking may soon be over!!

For information on the room details at the International Dispute Resolution Centre tel: 02079367000

Stephen Hone

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X