• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Current Account Suspended.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Current Account Suspended.

Take out your surname.....use "edit post" on bottom right
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Re: Current Account Suspended.

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      Take out your surname.....use "edit post" on bottom right
      Woops. Thankyou.

Comment

How the issue ended up after RBS suspended your account did you get back your money

Comment

Zombie thread revival!!

Almost the same thing happened to me back around 2003. I had been banking with BoS for several years and then they became HBoS. That's when the trouble started. My overdraft was around £1K and I began reducing. However, I would occasionally go over the overdraft and accrue charges. Fair enough. But one day letters started flying through the door: all DDs had been bounced, including the mortgage! I call up my bank who told me that they had written out to me (they hadn't) wanting to discuss my Current Account and since they hadn't gotten ahold of me they decided to wipe my DDs and SOs in what was clearly a punitive action. I had to have a meeting with them and set up all the DDs/SOs again and basically pay for everything twice in one month with what was left in the bank.

Then, one day I went out on my day off to meet some friends. I went an ATM and attempted to take £20 out of a little savings account I kept for such purposes. The card was spat out; not enough funds. I went into the bank and after about then minutes of inquiring as to what had happened, the staff went all cagey with me. The account had indeed been cleared out bar £1, yet they could not, or would not, tell me who did it. I began to smell a rat.

I then found out that the overdraft had been reduced exactly by the balance of the beer tokens account, bar the £1 of course. I then suspected that when our combined salaries hit the account in a week or so's time, HBoS were going to wipe the overdraft back to zero, leaving my wife and I in yet again another financially perilous position! Fortunately, around then I had began to hear of such things happening and I converted an old savings account in a Building Society into a Current account and shifted wages and all DDs/SOs over there. I began to imagine, with relish, the guy charged with monitoring my account at HBoS switching on his PC on my pay day and watching, smugly, as my salary zeroed the overdraft. Except that didn't happen.

What did happen was a flurry of letters and 'phone calls from HBoS. They were clearly miffed about the 'parachuting' of the account and wailed about the overdraft being paid. I told them they could fkn wait for it, after all they had done, and I opened a grievance against them. I carried that grievance right over to the Ombudsman and it was over a year later before I settled that overdraft at a reduced figure.

I have no doubt that what happened to the OP in this thread would have happened to me had I not sussed out what HBoS were up to. They would have zeroed the overdraft then closed my account. Fortunately, I was one step ahead of them. Glad the OP had his account restored, though.

Never, ever trust a bank!
          Last edited by Captain Haddock; 31st March 2022, 13:16:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X