• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

tracing money transfers from 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tracing money transfers from 2009

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
    They will not do this as it is a breach of Data Protection Act 1998. When I worked as a cashier I could only confirm that information providing you asked me if the name of the account was x y or z and if it was not then I would not be stating who's account it was.
    Everytime I pay my mortgage at the cashiers window I ask them to confirm who the account holder is and they oblige, maybe not every cashier fully understands the Data Protection Act. You must no longer work there, probably sacked for being too honest!

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      Ok, if the account is closed ie that it is going into a limited company account and NOT a credit card of finance company then they can only confirm that the company name is x or y based on you asking the question. IF the money went into a barclaycard account or car finance company or bank credit card then NO cashier could confirm the name but the bank if they are tracing the payments can provide details of the card number where the money went to. Does that make sense?
      yes i think so. im also going to get my credit file to prove that i didnt have credit with those companies, therefore it will proce the debt was in my husbands name onky.

Comment

with regards to my earlier posts, ive discovered i actually have the information i need. Tonights question is, my x paid debts in his name from the joint loan, approx 80% of the joint loan in fact. i am liable to contribute towards the loan?? i have the proof now.
        thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by stormlady View Post
          with regards to my earlier posts, ive discovered i actually have the information i need. Tonights question is, my x paid debts in his name from the joint loan, approx 80% of the joint loan in fact. i am liable to contribute towards the loan?? i have the proof now.
          thanks again.
          If the joint loan was never changed or that it was never paid off by a new loan in your x's name then yes you were and if the loan is still open are still liable if the loan goes into default.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X