• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I really need help bank charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really need help bank charge

Hi my mum really needs help she is over 50 and on benefits. she recently moved house and is getting paid her benefits tomo she called her bank to change address today it has taken her two weeks to do it as she has been sorting alot out. in the phone call to the bank they said they tried to take a charge today and will be taking 75 ponds of her benefit leaveing her with about 30 for two weeks as other things are taken out of her benefits before she recieves them ie crisis loan. She was not aware o the charge as like i said she moved and also can they even take your money like that? Crisis loan will not give her one as they say it comes nder spending so she can get no help from no where its christmas and she cant even afford food elec and gas to cover her, is there anything anyone can do or suggest. they lady at the bank was rude and told my mum its her own fault and she should be more careful the charge is becuse of insificient funds for car insurance and they tried to take the money twice with no luck so she got charges of 75pinds because of this
    Tags: None

Re: I really need help bank charge

Originally posted by sweet-like-choc View Post
    Hi my mum really needs help she is over 50 and on benefits. she recently moved house and is getting paid her benefits tomo she called her bank to change address today it has taken her two weeks to do it as she has been sorting alot out. in the phone call to the bank they said they tried to take a charge today and will be taking 75 ponds of her benefit leaveing her with about 30 for two weeks as other things are taken out of her benefits before she recieves them ie crisis loan. She was not aware o the charge as like i said she moved and also can they even take your money like that? Crisis loan will not give her one as they say it comes nder spending so she can get no help from no where its christmas and she cant even afford food elec and gas to cover her, is there anything anyone can do or suggest. they lady at the bank was rude and told my mum its her own fault and she should be more careful the charge is becuse of insificient funds for car insurance and they tried to take the money twice with no luck so she got charges of 75pinds because of this

Were the car insurance direct debit a regular payment?
    Was there a reason why there was insufficient funds in the account?

I would suggest that you look up the CEO email address and simply state the circumstances and that whilst it might have been a foreseeable debit, she is in financial hardship and now has even less money over christmas as that she will be receiving a Crisis Loan which is where the money will now have to be found from. See what they say and can you answer the above two questions.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Which bank is it?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Have you asked whether they will consider waiving the fee? I would at least contact the insurance company and request an explanation as to why the funds were taken twice but even so, at least one charge will probably stand.

Comment

They were taken twice because they returned to the payee "return to drawer please represent" and they did so which may have meant that the DD is now cancelled to the car insurer. That may also mean that the car insurer will charge as well(needs to be looked at if it has always been paid on time).....
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X