• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bantambec v NPBS ( Norwich and Peterborough Building Society )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bantambec v NPBS ( Norwich and Peterborough Building Society )

Norwich & Peterborough Building Society
    1st June 07 1A SAR sent (rec.del)
    5th June 07 Received Incomplete Data. Want £5 per statement!
    5th June 07 1D SAR sent (rec.del)
    13th June 07 Received No info avail. 6yrs+
    14th June 07 1B DPA non-compliance sent (rec.del)
    15th June 07 Will receive data within 40d
    27th June 07 Full Financial Hx received
    6th July 07 3A Refund Request 15 years (rec.del)
    11th July 07 Fob off letter received
    17th July 07 4B LBA sent (rec.del)
    18.07.07 Received accept t&c's or close acc
    01/08/07 Received OFT/FSA letter
    18/08/07 Benefit Letter sent (rec.del)
    28/08/07 Received fob off
    04/09/07 CC issued
    18/09/07 Case stayed
    02/10/07 Stay removal request sent
    Case Stayed

Nationwide
    1st June 07 1A SAR sent (rec.del)
    6th July 2007 3A Refund Request (rec.del)
    14th July 07 Fob off letter received
    17th July 07 4B LBA sent (rec.del)
    09/08/07 Issued MCOL
    15/08/07 NW Acknowledged
    03/09/07 Case stayed
    11/09/07 Stay removal submitted
    25/09/07 Notice of Transfer. AQ dispensed with
    Allocation Hearing 11 Dec

Hubby's claim NPBS
    1st June 07 3A Refund request sent (rec.del) £1281.14
    7th June 07 Fob off letter received
    7th June 07 4B LBA sent (rec.del)
    11th June 07 Looking into, respond in 10d
    18th June 2007 Offer of £261, accept T&C or close the acc
    22nd June 07 4D Derisory LBA (rec.del)
    9th July 07 Derisory offer chgs only
    17th July 07 2nd 7d LBA sent (rec.del)
    Stay hearing 9 Nov
    Both N&P hearings for stay set aside will be heard together on 9th Nov
    Skeleton argument received
    Case stayed
    Last edited by Bantambec; 29th November 2007, 21:08:PM.

Re: Bantambec v NPBS

This is on N&P's website;

Interest charged on overdrawn balances (Monthly fee)
    If you pay in £1,500 or more each month 7.48% (7.74% EAR, variable) (Nil)
    If you pay in £500 or more each month 9.38% (9.79% EAR, variable) (Nil)
    If you pay in less than £500 each month 15.72% (16.9% EAR, variable) (£5)
    I am claiming my £5's and 16.9% with od
    For hubby claiming 24.9% no od
    Last edited by Bantambec; 29th November 2007, 21:19:PM.

Comment

Nationwide; claiming 24.9% as no od facility

Comment

Hi Bantambec and welcome LB.

Thanks for the info. How can we help?

Comment

Hi Bantambec,

Welcome to the forum, It all sounds like you have things under control. Stick with it through the waiting game and good luck.

Best wishes,
          Hod...Liam..
          Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Dunno really. All my claims have been stayed. In our N&P hearing, the judge said he had to remain consistent in his decisions and he cannot accelarate our case to a full hearing before the test case, so stay remains, reservation for costs. Neither party got a chance to speak really.

N&P totally dismissed benefit argument and hardship, stating our cases can be stayed like the others at the moment. I did, in a last ditch attempt to get them to budge, offer to cease court action if they were willing to settle bt was told to sod off. Most N&P claimers have settled without mentioning court action.

There are not many N&P claimers so this may be of help to new ones. I have had trouble finding settled cases for my stay removal list. CAG & Penaltycharges have few but N&P are in the minority/not well known.

Comment

I have threads on several forums to widen my chances of finding N&P claimers.

I'm actually going to withdraw my stay removal request with NW as I got so stressed out about the other one and with all cases being stayed its unlikely this one will be lifted especially so close to the test case.

Comment

Re: Bantambec v NPBS ( Norwich and Peterborough Building Society )

OK folks the latest.
                N&P claim 1 stayed at court, bank has applied to have it struck out - do I pursue/discontinue
                CLaim 2 is with the bank. The wrote to me after the SC decision giving me 8 weeks to respond. I have just received a second letter giving me a further 8 weeks...what are they playing at?
                Direction would be appreciated
                Ta

Comment

Have you heard from the court on the strike out application or just the bank ?

I used to work at N&P head office (long time ago)
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

it is me, i forgot all my details

Anyway;
                    Nothing from court as yet, only solicitors letter stating they were applying for a strikeout.

I wrote to N&P requesting my claim be reassessed under the hardship rules. They sent a budget sheet, outgoings exceeds incomings so sent off.

Basically said that they understand that my outgoings are higher than incoming but as am meeting essentials, utilities etc they wont honour claim; even sent a copy of my credit file showing my defaulted barclaycard (no cca) but still no further forward.

I referred to their initial claim that their charges were to cover costs, and that they have now changed this to a bundle of services (misrep) but they fobbed that off too. I dont want to give up easily, but am now at a loss what the next step is.

I could stick with it and pursue the case in court under misrepresentation or take complaint to ombudsman. Either way am not convinced I'd be getting anywhere.

Opinions gratefully received

x
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    oh, and i offered to cease court action in favour of settlement, dunno if that was such a good idea now, lol
                    Last edited by Bexter; 28th June 2010, 20:01:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Me neither tbh. Misrepresentation is a difficult one. The important part is the contract (primarily) and for a misrep claim to suceed you have to show that had the misrep not taken place you wouldnt have entered the contract. Theres a thread about misrep I'll try dig up now for you actually as we had a long ponder on the issues. hang on.

--- will have to find it tmw sorry - have a look in the oft forum as we had a lot of discussion in there on the diff issues.

Basically - if the charges had been presented to you as being part of the package of services (same prices) rather than presented as being 'penalties' would you have made a different decision and/or acted differently with your account and can you show this.
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 28th June 2010, 20:47:PM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X