• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim Help Please - Natwest / Irwin Mitchell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Court Claim Help Please - Natwest / Irwin Mitchell

I'm really grateful for the posts and help but may I please ask what "Op" and "SDs" are ?
    thankyou.

Comment

OP = Original Poster =You
      SD = Statutory Demand

Comment

For information I have now telephoned Northampton (CCBC) County Court and asked them to explain what is happening.
        I asked about the Transfer of Proceedings notice, to my local County Court, and why the single page didn't have an accompanying copy of the claimants application ?
        I was categorically informed that apparently the case STILL remains STAYED !
        They informed me that there was no application from the claimant to have the stay lifted OR transferred BUT the transfer has taken place because they are no longer a customer of Northampton CCBC County Court.
        If the claimant wants to have the stay lifted then they still have to apply to the County Court (in this case my local one now instead of Northampton) and if this happens then I was told I will then receive notification AND a copy of the claimants application direct from my local County Court.
        This is rather confusing ?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated folks.

Thank you.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Sorry - been away for a few days. To my tiny mind, it is becoming increasingly likely that Ascent have taken the opportunity that moving the case from Northampton gave them, and attempted to mislead you into dropping your defence. My own suggestion here would be to try and get it clearly in writing from Northampton that it is deffo still stayed - and also to ask Ascent as many questions as possible about this (making it look as though you believe everything they tell you). Ascent may then hang themselves with all the rope you have given them, and you may be able to lodge a complaint of misconduct with the Solicitors' regulating body (I forget what it's called).

Hopefully, they will then crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.

Comment

I would email rather than 'phone - it helps to have a paper trail.

Defendant Enquiries: ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
              Claimant Enquiries: ccbcclaimants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/nor...lk-centre/ccbc
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi all, Thanks for your much valued input. Apologies for not responding sooner but I've been away for a while, and must confess to having not logged on (or received any notifications to my e-mail re. replies received).

Letter received today from my local court on a "General Form of Judgement or Order" - form N42.
                (Quote)
                Before District Judge ********** sitting at *********** County Court

Upon reading the letter from the Defendant

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The Defendant file a copy of her defence by **pm ** August 2013

2. Claim remains stayed until either party applies to lift stay.

Dated ** ******* 2013

Can anyone offer me any guidance / ideas ?

Many thanks,

Comment

Hi all
                  Apologies the form is a N24 not an N42 as stated above - a typing error on my part !

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hi R B 1968,

From above post #233, it would appear that you have already acknowledged, & submitted your defense.
                      How did you send it?
                      Proof of postage?
                      If it were me I would contact the court to ensure acknowledgement & defense are in case management records.
                      If not, re-submit them asap. (Well within the court's deadline).

Courts of equity have always considered it of the greatest possible importance that parties should not sleep on their rights.

Sir J. Romilly, M.R., Browne v. Cross (1852), 14 Beav. 113.
                      Last edited by charitynjw; 5th August 2013, 05:20:AM.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi Charitynjw,
                        Thanks for the advise.
                        The acknowledgement and defence were submitted approx. 3 years ago and YES the defence was sent by Special Delivery AND I have retained all documents relating to this (including acknowledgement letter from Northampton Court), from December 2009.
                        It looks like the court have lost them and are simply asking for a copy - do you agree ?
                        I think I will have to re-send this, to my local court, to comply with the Judge's order ?
                        Look forward to your further advise and thank you in anticipation.
                        Kind regards,

Comment

Originally posted by R B 1968 View Post
                          Hi Charitynjw,
                          Thanks for the advise.
                          The acknowledgement and defence were submitted approx. 3 years ago and YES the defence was sent by Special Delivery AND I have retained all documents relating to this (including acknowledgement letter from Northampton Court), from December 2009.
                          It looks like the court have lost them and are simply asking for a copy - do you agree ?
                          I think I will have to re-send this, to my local court, to comply with the Judge's order ?
                          Look forward to your further advise and thank you in anticipation.
                          Kind regards,
                          It can't hurt!
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X