• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim Help Please - Natwest / Irwin Mitchell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim Help Please - Natwest / Irwin Mitchell

Hi all,

Unfortunately, for the first time (in absolutely ages !) I’ve just become a worried man, once again !

The reason for my worry is due to a longstanding, NatWest (joint) Account and specifically the overdraft facility.

This overdraft has gradually crept up to its current level of approx. £4500. The reasons were due to redundancy and a huge amount of bank charges. Despite my desperate plea’s NatWest wouldn’t entertain freezing charges / interest – when in fact all other institutions did, on request !

(At this point I’d like to add I issued a claim for approx. £800 of unfair bank charges, in early 2008 AND superseded this with an additional approx. £200 claim (thus making just over £1000, in total) in the middle part of this year (2009). This remains on hold !)

Over many months NatWest have ‘harassed’ me prior to shifting this to their representatives Triton Credit Services, Irwin Mitchell Solicitors and Shoosmiths. All these institutions have been CCA’ed BUT Irwin Mitchell have now decided to issue proceedings !

I have, today, received a “Claim Form” for Northampton County Court “Bulk Centre”, however, this has been issued specifically to my wife, as opposed to me !
    If it was to me I wouldn’t have been so bothered !

I’m afraid this is the point that I now become ‘snookered’ !

Sorry this post has been so lengthy but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can someone advise how I proceed from here – I guess I’m now left with no choice other than to respond to the Claim within the 14 day timescale ?

Do I still have any other options ?

If I defend what is the likelihood of them not actually turning up, to court ?

Can I attend in lieu of my Wife – who I’d like to keep out of this ?

Can anyone offer me any guidance and also does anyone else have any experiences of Irwin Mitchell Solicitors ?

Thanks,

R

Re: Court Claim Help Please - Natwest / Irwin Mitchell

Have a read of this and specifically post #11 onwards Legal Beagles

Yes, do file the acknowledgement within the 14 days and file a defence - but we can get to this bit later.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply, Amy, BUT unfortunately the link is giving me an invalid ?

Thanks,

R

Comment

That thread is only viewable once you have made 5 or more posts. Post 3 more times and as Mr Ben said "as if by magic......................."
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks for the reply.....
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          I'll try and hit............
          the 5 posts ASAP.........
          Oh dear I'm still getting the Invalid link message.....
          I see - my last 3 posts are all merged into one !
          Last edited by R B 1968; 11th November 2009, 18:23:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Post after me.

Comment

So this one, if it doesn't merge, should make 5 ?

Comment

Nope one more, I think.

Comment

Thanks Amy - they keep merging up !
                  Amy.... sorry to trouble you but would you mind adding the link again - I still can't get it ?

Good start for the new boy !

Thank you.
                  Last edited by R B 1968; 11th November 2009, 18:28:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

No problem Legal Beagles

Comment

If you still cannot see it I will look into it further
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks Amy but I'm still getiing the invalid message !

Very frustrating and sorry for inconvenience !

R

Comment

I'll PM you the post I was talking about, but keep trying the link.

Comment

Thanks for pm, Amy.

Curlyben sure is a star !

I could still do with a little more specific help with my own situation - main concern is trying to avoid my wife going to court - can I represent ?
                            PS Would Irwin Mitchell be classed as a DCA or Solicitor ?
                            For information the Particulars of Claim read EXCACTLY as here:

By agreement(s) entered into between the
                            Claimant and Defendant, the Defendant has
                            failed to pay the sum of 4***.**. The Claiman
                            t has requested payment but the Defendant h
                            as failed to pay the full sum demanded. The
                            Claimant claims the sum of 4***.** and in
                            terest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1
                            984 at a rate of 8% per annum from 05/11/2009
                            until judgment or sooner payment. Costs. The
                            claim does not include issues under the H
                            uman Rights Act 1998. The Claimant has compli
                            ed with Sections III and IV of Practic
                            e Direction - Pre-Action Conduct of the Civi
                            l Procedure Rules.

Can anyone please offer any suggestions ?

BIG thanks,

R
                            Last edited by R B 1968; 11th November 2009, 19:47:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X