• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bit confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bit confused

Hi me again,(ha Ha) am a bit confused and to when i can claim from. The template for asking for bank statements asks for the last six years but the template for reclaiming asks for charges since 27th July 2001.So can i claim back from July 2001 or 6 years from today?

Also,when they sent back my statements they sent a letter with it stating that with ref my request concerning "manual intervention" they were in accordance with the terms and conditions.

Does this mean they havent included them or are they on the statements?

Sorry if this has been answered before but i spend hours trying to find this info in the posts and my eyes are knackered

Re: bit confused

Originally posted by dumb blonde View Post
    Hi me again,(ha Ha) am a bit confused and to when i can claim from. The template for asking for bank statements asks for the last six years but the template for reclaiming asks for charges since 27th July 2001.So can i claim back from July 2001 or 6 years from today?
    FSA Waiver on bank charges states that the clock stop on the 6 year period from 27th July 2007(so 6 years from that date)
    Also,when they sent back my statements they sent a letter with it stating that with ref my request concerning "manual intervention" they were in accordance with the terms and conditions.
    Manual intervention is whether a bank worker made any amendments on your account(usually most bank charges are automated so no manual input)
    Does this mean they havent included them or are they on the statements?
    What does the paper work say?
    Sorry if this has been answered before but i spend hours trying to find this info in the posts and my eyes are knackered
    No probs and ask away.

Comment

I presume you are using templates from other sites, as ours dont specify statements or dates.

You can claim back as far as you have records for.

When you send a SAR request, ask for ALL information they have (Which they have to supply) and not just statements.

Comment

sorry have i made a boo boo (am using templates from MSE) i am flitting between sites.So one of you is saying i can go back to 27th July 2001 and one of you is saying i can go back for as long as they give me the statements.They have sent 7 years so far and they will be sending more shortly (funny cos i only asked for 6 years worth.)
        Still confused.!!!

Also i am a bit annoyed with myself as i paid £10 for the statements and now i want info on the loans i have with them so i haveto send another £10 with my SARS.Would i have got statements as well as info with the SARS.?

Comment

s so i haveto send another £10 with my SARS.Would i have got statements as well as info with the SARS.?
          No, we have a letter that you can send to the bank to say that they havent fully complied with your SAR request and to send all the information. NO need for another request

I will get the link for you.

Non Compliance Letter

Comment

trouble is they did cos i never sent a SARS first , i only sent requesting my statements.

Comment

They have sent 7 years so far and they will be sending more shortly
              Well we can see what turns up then, but claim as far back as you have records/statements.

Can you post up the letter you sent, just that most banks will want to charge you £5 per statement and not £10 for the lot. So they will most likely be treating your request for statements as a SAR request, hence will can say they havent fully comlied, if you get my drift.

PKea

Comment

for ref this is the MSE template

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: [insert account number]

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid since 27 July 2001.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as [insert name of bank] is obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.
                Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

[insert your name (printed)]
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

this is what i sent.
                  I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit,unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders i have paid over the last six years.
                  Please find enclosed a postal order for the maximum statutory charge of £10
                  If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back six years; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I,m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which i am entitled to by law.
                  I look forward to your response within 40 days, as Natwest is obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  oops someone beat me to it
                  Last edited by dumb blonde; 30th March 2009, 10:23:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X