• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SARS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SARS

Hi All,
    Im new here so please be nice.Thanks to Natweststaffmember for giving me this link.
    I recieved all my statements from the bank and some just have charges written i.e
    charges ac/xxxx £40
    even when i have deducted possible advantage gold charge from them they still dont make sense?
    can i write to the bank and ask them for a breakdown of these charges?
    Surely they should have done this when i paid £10 and asked for a fully comprehensive list of all charges?
    Also i would like the details of all previous loans i have had with them.I cant remember if the loans were joint or in my husbands name (joint account)
    Do i send a SAR to them?
    If so do I put £20 postal order as the account is in joint names?
    Previously the account was in my maiden name and my now husbands name,
    do i need to say this or does it not matter because it is the same account number?
    p.s where can i get a SAR template that i can just adapt to my situation and print off?
    Thanks guys for all your help.

Re: SARS

Hi dumb blonde, i'm sure your username doesn't describe you at all, welcome to Beagles, i'm sure Nattie will pop along soon and say hi.

Here is the letter and guide to the SAr - Legal Beagles

The problem with asking specifically for a list of charges, is that pretty much is what you end up with. You really want all the info they hold on you, and the DPA does cover you personally so send details of your name/old name address/old address etc and if there are specific things you want - add those on to the list in that letter.

Your husband could also do a DPA request seperately - thus ensuring you receive absolutely everything.

Joint accounts are usually single signatory so a single SAR should cover it fine.

Have a read of that thread I have linked above anyways, then come back here and ask as many questions as you like....and if you want us to check over your letter before sending just paste it up here, excluding your personal info etc.

Hope that helps for the moment - if you want to look at the lists you already have then type a few bits up so we can see what they have done.

Ame
    xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by dumb blonde View Post
      Hi All,
      Im new here so please be nice.Thanks to Natweststaffmember for giving me this link.
      I recieved all my statements from the bank and some just have charges written i.e
      charges ac/xxxx £40
      even when i have deducted possible advantage gold charge from them they still dont make sense?
      can i write to the bank and ask them for a breakdown of these charges?
      Surely they should have done this when i paid £10 and asked for a fully comprehensive list of all charges?
      Also i would like the details of all previous loans i have had with them.I cant remember if the loans were joint or in my husbands name (joint account)
      Do i send a SAR to them?
      If so do I put £20 postal order as the account is in joint names?
      Previously the account was in my maiden name and my now husbands name,
      do i need to say this or does it not matter because it is the same account number?
      p.s where can i get a SAR template that i can just adapt to my situation and print off?
      Thanks guys for all your help.

Apologies have been watching celebrity apprentice USA(frustratingly difficult to find online links )

Legal Beagles
      The above thread is the guide to charges, if when you read it you are still not sure then post here which ones you aren't sure of and I am sure I can help you. Nice to see ya

Comment

Hi All,
        The charges that i am not sure about are all on A/Gold account from 2008 onwards.Some are for £40 , some are £40.95 ,some £29 , some £20 , some £37 and some £38 Hope this makes sense.
        P.s No youre right the username doesnt describe me at all, I am now brunette ( ha ha )

Comment

Easy peasy.

£40.95 is Advantage Gold fee £12.95(non claimable) plus £28 Maintenance charge (claimable)
          £40 is ADGD £12 and £28 maintenance charge
          £29 is £20 Unarranged borrowing(claimable) and £9 ADGD.
          £37 and £38 £9 and £10 is ADGD fees and £28 is unarranged borrowing(claimable).

Well that was nice and easy for me. Have you still got Advantage gold account? Do you use any of the benefits? Do you know what they are?

Comment

how come the advantage gold fees vary? Have been on this since 2008.
            No we havent got AG anymore as we are trying to cut costs so switched to the basic account.We never used the thing anyway, dont know why i didnt switch earlier,its not until you lose your job and you haveto look at ways to save money that you actually notice these things.x

Comment

Advantage Gold fees were £9, then went up to 10, then 12, and are now 12.95 per month.
              Is no longer here

Comment

simple when you know how, so these charges all went up in 2008-2009?

Comment

Your in the right place with our nattie here.

Comment

Originally posted by dumb blonde View Post
                    simple when you know how, so these charges all went up in 2008-2009?
                    Apologies for the comment "easy peasy" but when I first got involved in Internet forums, this sort of question was the one I was asked all the time so for me it is quite nice to answer them. At the top of your statement what kind of account have you got?

Current Plus
                    Advantage Gold
                    Step account

Comment

no need to apologize. Yes we have an advantage gold, worse thing we did (well one of them) never used the benefits at all.

Comment

Get rid of the Advantage gold account, you don't need it and it is worsening your hardship.

Write a letter today and simply write,
                        "Account number 12345678
                        Sort Code 123456

I would like to downgrade my account to a current plus account

Yours sincerely

Dumb Blonde"

Do it today and either (a) hand it into the branch For the attention of the Manager or (b) post it through the letterbox of your local branch. Double check your account the following day to make sure it is done.

Comment

sorry we had A/G no longer have it as of last week

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X