• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays PLC 2008 Full Year Results Announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays PLC 2008 Full Year Results Announcement

Details as per attached PDFs of the reports

2008 Full Year Results - 9th February 2009

1st PDF is the Presentation
    2nd PDF is the Report

Details of the Speeches to be posted later

PKea

Re: Barclays PLC 2008 Full Year Results Announcement

Speeches Attached from

Chris Lucas, Group Finance Director

Robert Le Blanc, Group Risk Director

John Varley, Group Chief Executive

Comment

Hi I don't know if anyone has any advice for me but My mum who is 72 and I think has dementia has been getting ino trouble with Barclays bank and couldn't understand why,after speaking to my sister it now unfolds Barclays have given her a reserve without her realising and the money that has been "disappearing"from her bank is because they have been taking there £22 I think probably weekly. Is there anything we can do as I live 100 miles away and find it difficult to get down there often but can possibly take some annual leave from work?Please give me some advice on this as they only have their pensions to live on.

Comment

I would get a third party form from Barclays Bank so that you can act on her behalf.
        This may seem a very straight to the point question but is she compus mentis(ie is she in the early stages of demantia and has she been diagnosed as having dementia?).

Comment

Hi Not sure if she has been absoloutley diagnised but she has a psychiatrist whom I have never spoken to but my mum has home visits but she is very confused now and my sister helps her out but I am a bit unsure about k
          letting her deal with it all as she is a heroin addict who is now getting better sorry that does seem an awful thing to say!
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Also would there be any chance of her getting the money back?
          Last edited by skintkim; 17th April 2009, 11:28:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I have to say I don't know...

Comment

Yes absolutely they can claim it back. You need to get them to write (write a letter for them post it to them to sign and send on if you'd rather not have your sister deal with it) saying about their income and health problems and that they weren't aware of the new system and how much of a problem it has caused them and you want a refund of all the charges and the reserve cancelling immediately. Don't be legal UTCCR/penaltys or anything in the first letter - something personal and 'my daughter has noticed we appear to have been given a reserve account which we havent asked for'...then if they come back off that go in with the UTCCRs etc - people ARE being refunded these reserve fees.

I would keep the legalese bits to second letter...in the meantime are they managing on the money they have access to ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

There is a lot of useful information here Banks around the world

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X