• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBOS Overdraft and loan charges etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBOS Overdraft and loan charges etc

My daughter has got herself into a bit of a mess, financially and has now come to me looking to help her. Amongst other things, she has an overdraft and bank loan with RBOS. She is currently not working and is claiming Universal Credit so really has no way to service any loans or over drafts. She is trying her best to keep on top of things but her monthly income is £450 yet her rent is £475 so as you can imagine it is not going well! I have started trying to sort things out a bit but would really appreciate some advice from the wonderful people on here! She has a variety of charges on her current account as follows:-

Unpaid Transaction fees at £8 each
    unarranged OD usage at £8 each
    arranged OD usage at £6 each
    The total over the last 3 years is £376 - not a fortune but she really could do with this at the moment.

Her OD limit is £600 and her Bank loan is now £1400.

Anyone have any ideas about claiming back the charges and also how to stop more charges/interest?

TIA

Woolfie
    Tags: None

Tell her to write a letter to the bank stating that she is unhappy with the charges or telephone the bank and make a complaint then get a final response letter and contact the financial ombudsman service, statting that she needs all of her charges refunded, with a goodwill gesture inconvenience caused and the telephone calls she has made plus 8% interest.

Comment

If the Welfare Reform Act 2012 hasn't repealed the Social Security Administration Act 1992 they shouldn't be charging a benefit recipient, but you'll need to check whether it did, but if not s.187: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...on/187/enacted

Write them a letter stating such and that she wants a refund of all charges paid whilst in receipt of Universal Credit and he account changing to 'non chargeable.'

I used to work for RBS, they'll tell you they can't make an account non-chargeable, but tell them to go into pack office on their computer and do it there, not on their more modern (well not 70's) system. And if they don't know how to do it in back office tell them to send a request to the processing centre as they will.

I worked there 20 years ago, they were phasing out teaching branch staff a lot of the processes like this and moving people like me who knew them to the process centres and so that's the barrier you'll probably come up against, they just won't know how.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X