• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FirstPlus to Elderbridge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anybody help me out with the calculator please?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Me too on the recalc btw - start the loan at 55k and start from beginning using your payments ( more coming off capital each payment so less interest etc ) You'll need to plug it all into a spreadsheet each time and use their interest rate changes as well while doing the calc to see what the difference might be.

Were the calculations included in their final offer ?
      Did you receive a cheque for the £4K figure ?
      Did nothing in the Sar relate to the refund decision etc ?
      Okay, I've found a spreadsheet that works out what you advised to do Amethyst. It was on the "mortgage professor" website and works out variable rates.
      I only included all payments that I made and according to my figures I owe them £17,538 this is in contrast to the settlement figure they gave me off £32,516??????

Elderbridge have another week to respond to my complaint that they gave me a refund and then put it back on the balance so I'll wait to see what they come back with.

I can't believe that I am that far out with my figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Gizler View Post

Okay, I've found a spreadsheet that works out what you advised to do Amethyst. It was on the "mortgage professor" website and works out variable rates.
        I only included all payments that I made and according to my figures I owe them £17,538 this is in contrast to the settlement figure they gave me off £32,516??????

Elderbridge have another week to respond to my complaint that they gave me a refund and then put it back on the balance so I'll wait to see what they come back with.

I can't believe that I am that far out with my figures.
        Its called interest..........

Comment

The spreadsheet worked all the interest out and even accounting for interest how do they get away with it?

This surely is a financial conduct issue.

Comment

Hi, I've attached the spreadsheet and hoping that someone with a bit of knowledge on these matters will be able to check and make sure that I've put the figures in correctly. I have done it up until my most recent payment. The actual balance is £15,778 and not the 17K I thought it was.

I just want to ensure that while the figures may not be exact they are close. I want to be able to present it to Elderbridge without looking stupid as I'm prepared for them to come back with some clever answer.

Please ignore the '$' as I lost the will to live trying to change them all to £ . It make no difference to the sums.

I have only put in the payments that I have actually made. There are a few gaps due to some missed payments. Elderbridge payments to 1:08:2018.xls

I have already uploaded the statement.

Many thanks in advance.
            Attached Files

Comment

Elderbridge hide charges and interest the statments say zero fos aware but say they can't make any decision as they don't know who is responsable when loan sold to Elderbridge !!Really seems pretty clear cut ..not treating customer fair ...not being clear and transparent .. bought loan responsabile for .. so are fos being bankrolled by Elderbridge ?? WHATS GOING ON !!! SO MANY BREECHES BUT FOS SAY THEY CAN'T MAKE A DECISION FARCE !!

Comment

Heard back from Elderbridge who have knocked back my complaint on the grounds that, " 'part' of what I'm complaining about happened more thank six years ago and I'm complaining three years after I realised (or should have realised) there was a problem".

They go on to say that if fos agrees with them regarding this time limit thing then they will refuse permission to FOS consider my complaint and FOS will only be able to consider the complaint in "very limited circumstances" i.e. the delay in me complaining was due to exceptional circumstances.

How is the normal customer expected to know how these things work unless given the appropriate information. I had to go through hoops to get the statement/SAR. Totally unjust.

I’ve put a complaint in to FOS but not holding my breath.

Comment

Time scale wise this is the same complaint as the original PPI complaint. How long did they take to send you all the information from your SAR request ? Also, you didn't know about this issue with them not doing as they were told to by the FOS until you requested a settlement figure (in April 2018?) which led to your applying for the SAR. So yes, the original issue was over 6 years ago and the FOS complaint was over 6 years ago, but the resolution of the FOS result was done incorrectly and you had no knowledge, or reason to suspect, that it had been done incorrectly, until you obtained the settlement figure - so that should be the date FOS use ( IMO anyway).
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I agree with you and it makes sense to me but from all I’ve read about how FOS are operating these days I’m not too hopeful. Elderbridge quote a complaint rule book and seem very confident that they are in the right. I will push hard but can see that court might be the way to go if and when FOS cave in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gizler View Post
                      I agree with you and it makes sense to me but from all I’ve read about how FOS are operating these days I’m not too hopeful. Elderbridge quote a complaint rule book and seem very confident that they are in the right. I will push hard but can see that court might be the way to go if and when FOS cave in.
                      Barclays are in talks with the FOS to resolve the current stalemate, we have legitimate complaints now over three years old lodged with the FOS. The FOS have been nothing short of embarrassing in the past & I am not sure how they are going to come out of this with any dignity, no doubt there will be damage limitation agreed with their buddies @ Barclays for both sides.........its all going to come out soon...........

Comment

The trouble I see was that the FOS was originally an industry led organisation instead of a regulatory body so you have to always question there motives. My opinion is most of these bodies are primarily there to make the average person believe there is someone looking after them but it really is a show with no real substance. They will try a damage limitation exercise because that is why they are there. I am a gas engineer and the original idea for CORGI was a group of gas engineers who had the foresight to see the industry being governed by an official body so decided that they would form one before the government in the hope that they would become said body instead of being overseen from people outside the industry. This way they would hope to steer regulation in the direction that suited them. I was always led to believe this was why the FOS was established so the industry could influence things more in their favour.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
                          The trouble I see was that the FOS was originally an industry led organisation instead of a regulatory body so you have to always question there motives. My opinion is most of these bodies are primarily there to make the average person believe there is someone looking after them but it really is a show with no real substance. They will try a damage limitation exercise because that is why they are there. I am a gas engineer and the original idea for CORGI was a group of gas engineers who had the foresight to see the industry being governed by an official body so decided that they would form one before the government in the hope that they would become said body instead of being overseen from people outside the industry. This way they would hope to steer regulation in the direction that suited them. I was always led to believe this was why the FOS was established so the industry could influence things more in their favour.
                          Damage limitation exercise ongoing.............he who holds the monies & all the associated shall take part.

Comment

Hi can anyone please help I had a remortgage with Barclays first plus 2003 until 2015 with an interest rate of 16% I have read a lot of threads about unfair rates we had a complaint turned down by FOS in 2009.Just wondering if anybody has won against barclays and is it worth complaining again I have every document and statements for the entire loan and the agreement we only ever had one rate decrease in 13 years help needed please

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X