• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abbey bank charges

Originally posted by Amy View Post
    Yes, that's him.

Not sure of the address, but I'll find out. Let's get the letter done and posted up first.
    Amy
    not sure if you are getting my emails ??
    Judy

Comment

Hi Judy, i think Amys gone off for tea and whatnot. I'm having a look at your letter now and Amy will probably be back on later on so we can go through it all.

Ame
      xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam
        CASE NUMBER ???????? TOTAL ??????

I write regarding my claim for repayment of unlawful overdraft fees applied to my account. You will be aware I was awarded default Judgment in December 2007, which was set aside and a stay applied to my claim pending the outcome of the test case between the OFT and the Banks currently being heard in the High Court.

I am aware of the update to the Financial Services Authority Waiver rules regarding cases of financial difficulty and I ask that you reconsider my case under those terms.

I became unemployed in XXXXXXXXX due to (redundancy??). As I am nearing the age of retirement and have a poor health history I have struggled to find gainful employment.

My mortgage is current 3 months in arrears, a total of £XXXXXX, and documentation regarding this is attached.

Additionally I have a liability order and bailiffs instructed against me for non payment of council tax, which presently is 6 months in arrears totalling £XXXXXX. Documentation is also attached.

I also have a number of credit cards which I am struggling to pay, and despite writing to my creditors to offer repayment plans have received several default notices and have been threatened with court action. I am also in arrears by 3 months on a car finance loan which totals £XXXXX arrears.

I am finding it incredibly difficult to survive on my income, which is currently derived solely from XXXXXXX & XXXXXXXX Benefits, and am currently under a doctor for severe depression.

Any refund offered of these charges would be applied to reduce some of these arrears and hopefully stave off possible reposession proceedings whilst I continue my search for employment.

A schedule of the charges claimed is attached to this letter.

Yours sincerely

MRS Judith

PS.
        PLEASE FIND ATTACHED COPYS OF VARIOUS DEMANDS ETC.

Just a start, if you can fill in amounts and dates and let Amy have a look again later on that would be helpful.

(((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))

How much is your claim for?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

"I write regarding my County Court claim for repayment of unlawful overdraft fees applied to my account and compensatory interest thereon."

Don't forget to recalculate the claim up to the present date with the accrued interest.

Comment

Many thanks i was awarde judgement for the sum of £8567-00 last dec/2007
            Thanks
            Judy

Comment

Hi Judith

From experience Abbey can be a hard nut to crack ( see thread by travelgirl) But it CAN be done.

Keep trying and we will help as much as we can. dont give up.

Are you going to start a new thread for each financial institution?

It might be easier.

Scooby
              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Originally posted by judith View Post
                Thanks Amy
                Here goes........... more to follow
                Thanks
                Judy
                just a thuouhy could i use this if i sorted it with your hep or should i ask for some assistanece
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                Yes, that's him.

Not sure of the address, but I'll find out. Let's get the letter done and posted up first.
                can you do it for me please. ta if you could please. The letter just needs to say that i will take their offer i can give the date and then we can see about the 150 beccuse im not botherd about that just the charges as im a due the lot as i told tou i am. thanks amy a lot and ta. i am in the nationwide bit over in that bit there. I gave you lot thanks bacause I could AND i WANTED tooa
                Last edited by bigbananafeet; 30th October 2008, 00:59:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Dear Sir/Madam
                  CASE NUMBER ???????? TOTAL ??????

I write regarding my claim for repayment of unlawful overdraft fees applied to my account. You will be aware I was awarded default Judgment in December 2007, which was set aside and a stay applied to my claim pending the outcome of the test case between the OFT and the Banks currently being heard in the High Court.

I am aware of the update to the Financial Services Authority Waiver rules regarding cases of financial difficulty and I ask that you reconsider my case under those terms.

I became unemployed in XXXXXXXXX due to (redundancy??). As I am nearing the age of retirement and have a poor health history I have struggled to find gainful employment.

My mortgage is current 3 months in arrears, a total of £XXXXXX, and documentation regarding this is attached.

Additionally I have a liability order and bailiffs instructed against me for non payment of council tax, which presently is 6 months in arrears totalling £XXXXXX. Documentation is also attached.

I also have a number of credit cards which I am struggling to pay, and despite writing to my creditors to offer repayment plans have received several default notices and have been threatened with court action. I am also in arrears by 3 months on a car finance loan which totals £XXXXX arrears.

I am finding it incredibly difficult to survive on my income, which is currently derived solely from XXXXXXX & XXXXXXXX Benefits, and am currently under a doctor for severe depression.

Any refund offered of these charges would be applied to reduce some of these arrears and hopefully stave off possible reposession proceedings whilst I continue my search for employment.

A schedule of the charges claimed is attached to this letter.

Yours sincerely

MRS Judith

PS.
                  PLEASE FIND ATTACHED COPYS OF VARIOUS DEMANDS ETC.

Just a start, if you can fill in amounts and dates and let Amy have a look again later on that would be helpful.

(((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))

How much is your claim for?
                  Hi
                  Thanks my claim is for £8567-00
                  Judy

Comment

will that £8k cover the mortgage arrears and bailliffs bits?

Also do you have a copy of your spreadsheet you could email to amy...and what proportion is interest/charges. Ta muchly xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes it would cover them, the thing is that i never got any letter from the council saying it was going to court all i got was a letter from the bailiff company asking me to contact them which i did and he is due here today or tomorrow for the first payment £266-00 which i dont have ?? this is so unfair that this could happen being that i was never informed bythe council
                      thaks
                      Judy

PS. regarding my claim against the abbey i did speak to RONAN COYLE yesterday about my claim and he told me that he would get out a questionaire to me to fill in about hardship claims is this a good thing ??

Comment

Judith, can you PM me the name of the bailiff please? Don't put it on this thread.

We really need your spreadsheet too.

Comment

Amy
                          I have sent you a pm but forgot to give you the name of the company which is EQUITA
                          Thanks
                          Judy

Comment

Originally posted by judith View Post
                            Yes it would cover them, the thing is that i never got any letter from the council saying it was going to court all i got was a letter from the bailiff company asking me to contact them which i did and he is due here today or tomorrow for the first payment £266-00 which i dont have ?? this is so unfair that this could happen being that i was never informed bythe council
                            thaks

Judy

PS. regarding my claim against the abbey i did speak to RONAN COYLE yesterday about my claim and he told me that he would get out a questionaire to me to fill in about hardship claims is this a good thing ??

Hi Judith

Regarding your hardship claim. Yes most definatley, if he is willing to speak with you over the phone regarding your claim, then this can only be good for you.. It means he is open to negotiations. (It worked for me and some other Abbey claimants on here who have successfully claimed under hardship) Bloomingflower v Abbey, Outspoken v Abbey, Tuttsi v Abbey etc..

First of all, when you receive the questionnaire, fill it out as best as you can, showing all your arrears and debts etc. (This is what I did ) Under the new waiver terms Abbey are obliged to look at hardship claims sympathetically, but are still not obliged to make any refunds. However, if you feel that you cannot cope with your situation and you want Abbey to look at your claim urgently then gather everything and anything regarding 'final demand 'letters that will prove and show you are behind with payments etc. You will need these to send direct to Ronan.

Abbey Head office..

Ronan Coyle
                            Abbey National House
                            2 Triton Square
                            regents park,
                            London
                            NW1 3AN

Bfxx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

Many thanks my little flower
                              I got the forms today after speaking to ronan yesterday i think my case is a very good one so i am putting together a spreadsheet and also sending copys of various money demands etc should i kepp on his case ??
                              Thanks
                              Judy

Comment

Judith, can you PM me the name of the bailiff please? Don't put it on this thread.

We really need your spreadsheet too.
                                Amy
                                have done the spread sheet (well done me) how do i work out the interest ?? to get the final figure etc
                                Thanks
                                Judy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X