• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statutory Demand from Lowell/BW Legal - WON!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statutory Demand from Lowell/BW Legal - WON!!!

My experience has been similar to many of the other posts on this forum regarding Lowell portfolio/ BW legal.
    Here is my ongoing story of BW legal and their methods of doing business.
    I have a credit card debt to Lloyds of £8,500 I have paid nothing on the account since 2009.
    Due to redundancy and a depressive illness I have been economically inactive since 2007 I've been supported by my wifes part time income over this period.
    I did inform Lloyds via their call centre in 2009 that I had health problems and would be unable to contiue paying monthly interest fees along with paying off the debt. They ignored this and continued adding charges and costs to arrive at the above figure.
    Since then my health has improved with the support and help of my family, I am now able to undertake some part time/self employed handyman work locally.
    On Saturday 12/10/13 I returned from two weeks visiting my brother to find strips of unproffesional looking paper from P & A receivables/BW Legal.
    Also a letter informing me of their intent to return on 15/10/13 to serve a SD on me.
    I tried to phone them on the Saturday but just kept getting answering machine response, despite it being before 2pm their stated closing time on Saturdays. I phoned them again on Monday 14th and explained my current circumstances and offered to set up a monthly payment plan that I could realistically afford. My offer of £50 per month was dismissed as unacceptable by the chap on the phone, he wanted at least four times this amount.
    When I asked if there was any way of not having the SD issued, he told me that it had already been issued to me, even though I had nothing but a promise of one in my hand. He went on to say that I should treat the SD as a final warning, saying that they would not necessarily act upon it and what they really wanted was dialogue.
    Next day SD was posted through letterbox without even a knock, it was post dated 25th September.
    I have today posted them a s78 request and received from BW legal an income, expenditure & proposal form.
    Should I fill this form in for them? Any advice about what my next step/course of action should be will be gratefully received
    Tags: None

Re: Statutory Demand from Lowell/BW Legal

Hello and to Legal Beagles

Send a PM with your phone number to Celestine the site owner with a link to this thread because she specializes in getting shot of Lowells' SDs by the dozen. I've flagged it up to her too. Read this while you're waiting for her to make contact:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...864#post350864

Comment

Originally posted by debtbrink View Post
      I have today posted them a s78 request and received from BW legal an income, expenditure & proposal form.
      Should I fill this form in for them? Any advice about what my next step/course of action should be will be gratefully received
      ^^^^ that's exactly what you should do. Hopefully you've got proof of posting or sent it Royal Mail recorded delivery. By "them" do you mean you sent it to Lowells or BW Legal?

Can you remember the year in which you opened this Lloyd's credit card account? If not exactly when, just say whether it was before or after April 2007.

Ignore the I & E form from BW Legal because that would only be relevant if you were making an offer to pay by instalments which I sincerely hope you'll not be doing if Cel gets her way

Comment

Yes I have sent it to them via royal mail recorded delivery. I do not remember the exact date of opening the account but it was pre 2005
        Thanks for the advice about not filling in the I & E form

Comment

Originally posted by debtbrink View Post
          Yes I have sent it to them via royal mail recorded delivery
          And who is "them" ?

Comment

BW Legal in Leeds

Comment

In Hand
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: Statutory Demand from Lowell/BW Legal - WON!!!

WON with Costs

:beagle::beagle::beagle:
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: Statutory Demand from Lowell/BW Legal - WON!!!

Super. Well done debtbrink & Kate xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X