• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD - Through BW Legal SD Delivered - WON!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD - Through BW Legal SD Delivered - WON!!!

I need some help please. I have had a read on this forum but not sure exactly what to do.

Basically, I walked in the house today, promptly followed by a knock on the door where someone asked me my name then handed me an envelope.

In it is a SD for a credit card debt from Halifax BOS.. Handed to me today 3rd October, yet signed by BW Legal on 23rd September. They mention the 18 days. Is this from today or 23rd September ?

I had taken previous advice and just ignored letters so this is for around 4 years ago.

I haven't done anything before like requested signed credit agreement, NOA etc. Is it now too late ?

I will be redundant come 17th December so could possibly just offer them a percentage settlement at this date when I could afford something.

What do I need to do about this SD ?

I don't recall having recd a default notice from HBOS or anything saying they have passed the debt on to Lowell..

Amount is 6900.

Can anyone help me please. Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD - Through BW Legal SD Delivered

to LB. I've flagged this up to Celestine who is LB's statutory demand guru

Comment

Many thanks PlanB. I'll check back on here in a couple of hours to check for any other responses.

Comment

Originally posted by mdg76 View Post
        Many thanks PlanB. I'll check back on here in a couple of hours to check for any other responses.
        Don't go! Here's some more encouragement http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ands-READ-HERE

Comment

The date runs from the date of service, as they served it personally there shouldn't be any argument over when this was.

You should get your request for your signed agreement, T&C's, default notice, statement of account etc sent off tomorrow.

When was the account opened? When you say it is from 4 years ago is that from when you defaulted on payments or took out the card?

Also do you own your home?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi MDG

I've replied to your PM :tinysmile_grin_t:

Sending off the s.78 request is the first thing. Below is the template which you should send recorded delivery enclosing the statutory £1 fee (postal order) per account.
            Do not sign with your normal signature, use block capitals or a type font.

Try not to worry too much in the meantime. :beagle:

Re: Account /Reference Number: XXXXXXX
            With reference to the above agreement, I require that you provide me a true copy of the credit agreement.
            I am aware that section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 sets out clearly what is required to comply with my request and quote “shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it”. For clarification I require a copy of the agreement, any terms and conditions from the time when the agreement was executed, the current terms in force or in the alternative the notices of variation of each term as approved in Carey v HSBC Bank Plc and a copy of the cancellation notice if the agreement refers to “Your Right to Cancel” within it. I also require a statement as laid out also within section 78(1)(a-c). If there weren’t any terms and conditions then please confirm this in your response.
            I am entitled to receive the information on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00, which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
            I understand that Consumer Credit (Prescribed periods for Giving Information) regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1569) at regulation 2 sets out the required time frame for compliance with this request as being 12 working days from receipt.
            In the event that you do not consider yourselves the “creditor” I direct you to s189 Consumer Credit Act and the leading case of Jones v Link Financial Ltd [2012] EWHC 2402 (QB) (22 August 2012) which confirms that assignees of an account are the creditor and must comply with statutory duties.
            I look forward to hearing from you
            Yours faithfully

MDG
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

CCA Request being sent today. Does this go to BW Legal or Lowell ?

Comment

BW Legal but I would also send one to Lowell if, it were me!

Comment

Originally posted by mdg76 View Post
                  In it is a SD for a credit card debt from Halifax BOS...

. . . . I haven't done anything before like requested signed credit agreement, NOA etc. Is it now too late ?
                  The most important factor is whether you opened this account before or after April 2007. That's when section 78 becomes make or break. What can you remember about this?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    The most important factor is whether you opened this account before or after April 2007. That's when section 78 becomes make or break.
                    Even if the creditor does not or cannot comply with the request?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      Even if the creditor does not or cannot comply with the request?
                      Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself with section 127(3) CCA 1974 thoughts :nerd:

Comment

If the creditor or owner of the debt can't comply with the s78 request, they can't continue debt collection activity on it.
                        Can they?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          If the creditor or owner of the debt can't comply with the s78 request, they can't continue debt collection activity on it.
                          Can they?
                          Yes, they can.

They just cannot obtain a judgement in their favour.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                            Can they?
                            Yes and No.

The creditor can send you any old reconstituted rubbish to claim they've complied with section 78 and so proceed to court. But they can't get a judgment if the documents they provided don't comply with section 61. Only a DJ can decide whether the creditor has complied or not. PT explains it much better in his Blog here:

http://paulatwatsonssolicitors.wordp...t-arose-today/

In the well known case of Santander vs. Mayhew the DJ ruled that the claimant had complied with section 78 (Para 14), but the case was dismissed because the claimant hadn't complied with section 61 (Para 11) and other stuff

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/14.html
                            Last edited by PlanB; 4th October 2013, 16:43:PM. Reason: typos :(

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Yes and No.

The creditor can send you any old reconstituted rubbish to claim they've complied with section 78 and so proceed to court. But they can't get a judgment if the documents they provided don't comply with section 61. Only a DJ can decide whether the creditor has complied or not. PT explains it much better in his Blog here:

http://paulatwatsonssolicitors.wordp...t-arose-today/

In the well know case of Santander vs. Mayhew the DJ ruled that the claimant had complied with section 78 (Para 14), but the case was dismissed because the claimant hadn't complied with section 61 (Para 11) and other stuff

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/14.html
                              Depends on the so called judge on the day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X