• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charging order granted 25 years ago by a company who was taken over 21 years ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging order granted 25 years ago by a company who was taken over 21 years ago

dear all
    i am under offer with my home and have now been told by the Conveyor that there is a charging order on the house against my partner. When the charge was made we were joint owners with a mortgage. I legally own the property myself now and have done since we remortgage and the mortgage company wanted my partner to sign the house over to me which he did through a solicitor ( that was about 10 years ago).

the problem is trying to get the charge removed from the property , the court granted in favour of the creditor 25 years ago, the creditor was taken over by another company 21 years ago.

My partner went into bankruptcy and we thought that after we paid up debts and cost to the official receiver it was over but no, the creditor that has the charge make it just before the bankruptcy and so we’re not dealt with them by the receiver ( have only learnt this while trying to sort out this issue, If we weren’t to move we would never have known)

not it sure what to do? Help
    Tags: None

Following. I have similar problem, but with am interim order

Comment

An interim order should be simpler to remove. Do you have the exact wording of the land registry order?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X