• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn Bailiffs and Newnham council tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlyn Bailiffs and Newnham council tax

Posted on behalf of new user

About a year ago i was told by newham that i missed a payment for council tax, even though at the time i was on benifits i made a new claim after a job had ended, i was told by the council that the matter was then sent to the court for the amount of 73 pounds and some pence.

i was then told that i did not have to go to court, as the debt was going to be sent back to them, and that payments could be made by me under a agreement with the council.

After that i got a letter from newlyn saying i owe 422.32 pounds and pence.

This is a nasty practice that newham council and the courts have in place, i asked newlyn for a beakdown of the charges, which follow= debt 219.32 visit fee1 24.50 visit fee 2 18.00, sch5 head h 24.50 , attendance to remove 105.00, 31.00 levy fee, please note that the bailiff only came once and i have been paying a fee off 20.00 plus postage fees of 3 pounds, i do not agree to this, and as far as i am concerned i only owe the council 219.32, can someone please help me.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Newlyn Bailiffs and Newnham council tax

How much "commission" does Newham Borough Council expect Newlyn to pay?

Comment

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:
      1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you
      2 - the dates they were obtained
      3 - the addresses they were for
      4 - the period of time each covers
      5 - how much each one was for
      6 - how much is still outstanding
      7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement
      8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Comment

You say they have a levy. What is it for - can you list the items on it exactly as described on the Notice of Seizure you were left? Do you have dates to go with all the fees you listed?

Comment

If the bailiff has never been in your home Screwlyn could have claimed a levy on your car or even a random one parked nearby, if they left no notice of seizure with a list of what they claim to have levied it is suspect imho. Newlyn are inveterate and incorrigible Liars Cheats & Vagabonds, if this was 19th century Britain they would be meeting Mr Marwood in Newgate. Perhaps they should today, best ask Derek Acorah to contact him

[Marwood was a hangman, his name gave rise to the rhyme

"If Pa killed Ma, who'd hang Pa?
          Marwood!

He was a proponent of the long drop but often botched it.]

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
            Marwood ... was a proponent of the long drop but often botched it.]
            Worse than Berry who, having added weights to a felon's feet to compensate for an inadequate drop in Canada, pulled off the chap's head?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              Worse than Berry who, having added weights to a felon's feet to compensate for an inadequate drop in Canada, pulled off the chap's head?
              Marwood allegedly pulled a felon's head off with too long a drop, is a drop long enough for a lying cheating granny mithering bayleaf

Comment

Newham London Borough Council, CEO details:

Kim Bromley-Derry Tel: 020 8430 2000 email - kim.bromley-derry@newham.gov.uk Borough Twitter account - https://twitter.com/@NewhamLondon

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X