• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

distress warrant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: distress warrant

See,,we've got our own little Govt. forming.
    Capping fines is a good idea wales..but I still think anything like that should be held 'in obeyance' until peoples circumstances change. Even a cheaper licence for folks like OP would be better than this system.
    Over 75's get a free licence..is that purely because they're over 75? I know some 75yr olds that are well able to afford a licence and are fit as fleas,,some still work!

( and yes,,,I expect a :fish: for that comment)

Comment

We seem to be on the same wavelength INCA commonsense needs to enter the equation trouble is its all about money and power

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post

And that's what I'll implement as soon as I'm Prime Minister
        :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

when is the next boat leaving|????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            A lot of our European neighbours fund their state broadcasters through Income Tax.
            Whilst others fund their Public Broadcasting Service by a modest addition to peoples' electricity bills.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
              Not having a TV licence can as we see get you into court and fined so be it its a law we must live within the laws whether we like them or not.
              Not quite, as there is no legal requirement to have a current TV licence as long as one does not have a receiver installed in one's dwelling.

I've not had a licence for years!

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

I thought anyone with a sense of humour like yours had to be licensed annually!

I read an article in a computer magazine last week where they were saying a lot of people avoid the licence fee by just watching 'Catch Up' TV via iPlayer and such like. If you don't mind waiting an hour or two to see your programme, many programmes are available this way now, legally without any licence.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  I thought anyone with a sense of humour like yours had to be licensed annually!

I read an article in a computer magazine last week where they were saying a lot of people avoid the licence fee by just watching 'Catch Up' TV via iPlayer and such like. If you don't mind waiting an hour or two to see your programme, many programmes are available this way now, legally without any licence.
                  Which is why the BBC were trying to have the licence fee extended to anyone with a broadband connection

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                    Which is why the BBC were trying to have the licence fee extended to anyone with a broadband connection
                    That only applies where peeps view television programmes that are being broadcast simultaneously on DVB-T and live streaming on the Internet (SIMULCAST) or the computer is fitted with a television tuner.

DVB-T = Digital Video Broadcasting - Terrestrial
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I stand corrected I should have said a TV licence if you should have one
                      Read today how many people get taken to court for no licence

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                        I stand corrected I should have said a TV licence if you should have one
                        Read today how many people get taken to court for no licence
                        Capita runs TV Licensing on behalf of the BBC. Taking account of their incompetence in administering Council Tax, Criminal Records Bureau, London Congestion Charging, Civil Service Pensions, etc., is it any wonder there has been an increase in prosecutions for alleged tv licence evasion? People have a right not to be wrongfully accused of committing an offence at law or be pursued or harassed for a fine that has been imposed as the result of an unaccountable private-sector company laying wrongful or false allegations against them before a court. It has to stop. Stripping Capita of its contract would be a start. Forcing them to pay compensation to those whom they have maligned or to whom they have caused loss should be a matter of course.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                          Capita runs TV Licensing on behalf of the BBC. Taking account of their incompetence in administering Council Tax, Criminal Records Bureau, London Congestion Charging, Civil Service Pensions, etc., is it any wonder there has been an increase in prosecutions for alleged tv licence evasion? People have a right not to be wrongfully accused of committing an offence at law or be pursued or harassed for a fine that has been imposed as the result of an unaccountable private-sector company laying wrongful or false allegations against them before a court. It has to stop. Stripping Capita of its contract would be a start. Forcing them to pay compensation to those whom they have maligned or to whom they have caused loss should be a matter of course.
                          But still they manage to stitch up innocents who may not have a TV in that doorstep interview "under caution" by eliciting they may have watched Eastbenders, albeit at a mates house as they don't have a TV themselves. the Capita goon will omit the fact the victim has no tv at the "unlicensed" address. beak believes goon, kerching for Crapita. naughty but it goes on.

TV License should be abolished.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                            But still they manage to stitch up innocents who may not have a TV in that doorstep interview "under caution" by eliciting they may have watched Eastbenders, albeit at a mates house as they don't have a TV themselves. the Capita goon will omit the fact the victim has no tv at the "unlicensed" address. beak believes goon, kerching for Crapita. naughty but it goes on.

TV License should be abolished.
                            If the Telly Goon does spin a fairy story to a court, then the Telly Goon should not be surprised if it comes back and bites them hard on the bum, as some have found to their cost, either serving community or custodial sentences for Fraud and/or Perverting the Course of Justice.

The best way to deal with Telly Goons is to pull a video camera or video-enabled mobile phone on them. See them run away. They hate cameras. Take a look on YouTube for examples.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Not quite, as there is no legal requirement to have a current TV licence as long as one does not have a receiver installed in one's dwelling.

Be careful, if you have the capability of watching live TV through an implement which is not a "proper" TV, such as a laptop, tablet or even notsosmart phone you should have a TV licence.
                              Last edited by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge; 17th October 2013, 14:27:PM. Reason: typo
                              The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X